Are you an established web developer with experience of Wordpress and WooCommerce?
Are you looking to be part of a buzzing Bristol agency with great working practices and all manner of exciting projects? Our client is an established and well respected Bristol-based digital agency with a strong list of clients regularly serviced by means of their continuous delivery model.
This role will see you working in a close knit team, delivering features and updates to existing sites as well as working on exciting new projects with a team committed to excellence.
As a WordPress Developer, you will
- Deliver quality, robust code on WordPress / WooCommerce websites within allocated budgets.
- Liaise with clients and ensure their satisfaction
- Delivering high quality work on time and budget
- Troubleshoot issues when they occur
Your responsibilities will be
- Planning and delivering development work in a timely manner.
- Regularly review code (Both yours and colleagues)
- Communicate complex ideas or solutions clearly to clients
- Be part of regularly scheduled client communications including monthly calls, possibly even daily standups.
- Communicate and update clients on a regular basis as work progresses in a professional manner. This could be via slack, Trello board or even summary catch up calls
- Be able to investigate and quote on new work accurately.
- Remain informed and updated with development trends and new practices.
- Help update and maintain technical documentation on a project and company level.
Skills and experience required.
As a WordPress Developer, you will need
- In-depth provable knowledge of WordPress.
- 2+ years commercial experience.
- Strong client communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to debug your own code and others.
- Experience in writing RESTful APIs that are inline with the WP-API.
- An understanding of HTML + CSS will be beneficial.
- Knowledge deployment processes that exist beyond FTP.
- Working knowledge of GIT.
- Ability to build integrations with 3rd party API’s.
- Understanding of web security
- Workplace pension.
- 28 days holiday a year (including Bank Holidays).
- Christmas shutdown (Not taken from annual leave).
- Dedicated learning time (1½ days a month).
- £400 yearly learning budget for courses, learning materials or event tickets.
- £400 work from home budget.
- Very friendly working culture and Bristol based offices with secure bike parking and showers available for occasional use.
- Regular social and team building events
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.