Work for one of the UK's largest private companies!
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to create simple, easy and delightful experiences for customers on all digital channels.
As a UI/UX Designer you will be responsible for designing new features and optimising each step of our flagship e-commerce journey on our website. You will work alongside, and collaborate with, other talented designers, editors, product owners and developers to deliver an excellent customer experience across all channels. You will aim to get things in front of the customer and business as soon as possible through rapid interactive prototyping, getting a feedback loop into iterative design. You will be a passionate advocate for the customer and have a strong design background.
- Planning, and conducting qualitative research through talking to customers directly in stores, or setting remote testing sessions to feed insights into the design.
- Designing new features across customer journeys
- Optimising existing experiences to boost visitor engagement and conversion rates
- Mapping out task flows, customer journeys
- Developing design with a mobile-first approach, and considering wider screen implications as the concept matures.
- Developing and adapting interface components from buttons, menu’s, layout and widgets
- Communicate your ideas, concepts to your product team in the simplest and effective way possible (sketches, mockups, simple prototypes).
- Facilitate ideation and critique sessions with business teams.
- Referencing existing style-guide and developing it further to maintain the design system and UI Kit.
- Understanding customer needs and matching with business and technical feasible requirements to write new user stories for product development.
- Analysing data and quantitative insights to guide product development
- Developing and iterating designs with the product team in sprint cadence.
- Developing measurable OKRs to track customer impact
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in designing for retail websites and designing for the responsive web
- Great communication skills and good experience with stakeholder management
- Worked in a product team in Kamban or AGILE
- Familiar with enterprise-level of design and development teams and platforms
- Portfolio with examples of previous work and able to talk through the design process.
- Strong communication, co-creation skills and behaviours
- Comfortable with working with HTML and back-end dev teams
- Demonstrable experience in working in LEAN environments, creating only what’s required to communicate your ideas.
- Be expert in common design tools such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe suite
- Working knowledge of Accessibility including WCAG, and ADA.
If you have any questions about our UI/UX Designer role then please get in contact.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.