Are you an experienced Test Manager wanting to join an award winning team?
We are seeking experienced Test Managers to join an award winning team as the organisation continues on a major digital transformation programme.
The existing software systems form part of the critical national infrastructure and you will join the group at the heart of the move to a digital, data-driven organisation with the ambition to provide customers with cutting-edge digital services.
The Test Manager is accountable for ensuring that quality is built into the development of all solutions at all stages within the development lifecycle.
The Test Manager is accountable for providing expert practice advice and guidance as well as practical advice on complex technical testing issues at project level.
The role is accountable for driving forward the quality agenda in the development of IT solutions and devising and monitoring progress using a range of quality metrics.
The Test Manager is responsible for developing capability within the test discipline and increasing knowledge & understanding of the importance of building quality across the wider development community.
The main duties of the Test Manager will be
- Accountable for setting a clear direction to implement quality across all teams.
- Accountable for the creation of the project Quality Strategies.
- Accountable for providing expert advice and guidance to enable teams to embed good practice principles.
- Accountable for the provision of in-depth, expert technical guidance to project teams on complex technical or high-risk areas.
- Accountable for maintaining a managed view of all test activity to ensure that testing is being appropriately carried out across all project teams, including the identification of risks.
- Accountable for the development and monitoring of metrics to measure quality, using the analysis of these metrics to inform future quality strategies and any targeted quality initiatives.
- Responsible for developing capability and skills within the test discipline.
- Responsible for the provision of expert, timely, and considered advice to senior decision-makers on quality issues.
- Responsible for building and managing relationships with external organisations and companies, agreeing contractual acceptance criteria for IT deliverables, and providing assurance on the quality of external products.
The technical skills the Test Manager requires are
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager in Software Testing; Or
- Proven track record in Test Management and leading digital teams
- Experience in upskilling others in test techniques and best practice
- Experience in creating robust strategies and plans to ensure quality.
- Experience in managing multiple workstreams.
- The ability to manage risk and implement mitigation plans.
- Experience in all testing levels (from Unit to Operational Acceptance Testing (OAT)).
- Experience in continuous integration practices.
- Knowledge of agile and waterfall methodologies
It would be great if you had
- Experience in upskilling others in test automation
- Coding skills for the creation of automated tests (such as Ruby/ Cucumber)
- Knowledge of Git & Jira
As well as a competitive salary, our client offers a generous benefits package and a clear path for career progression, training, and development; exactly in line with what you’d expect from a progressive employer.
- Extremely generous civil service pension scheme (27.1% company contribution)
- Generous leave allowances starting at 28.5 days
- Ability to build up flexi-credit which enables you to take off up to 24 days a year in addition to annual leave
- Flexible working hours
- Generous training package and support for professional certifications
- Flexible/remote working and the role can be based anywhere in the UK with alignment to 1 of 14 regional offices across England & Wales (Leicester, Plymouth, Telford, Swansea, Gloucester, Durham, Weymouth, Crawley, Preston, Peterborough, etc…)
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.