Join a leading digital partner, recognised for delivering award-winning, world-class solutions!
We are looking for an experienced Technology Manager to uphold high development standards. You will ensure that the Back-End and UI Development teams have the necessary processes, skills and training to understand and deliver against those standards, without compromising on the quality, time or budget requirements of projects.
As the Technology Manager, your focus will be split between technical strategy, leadership, and oversight, along with client-facing workshops to support sales and high-level scoping, architecting, and estimation of development functionality.
As the Technology Manager, you provide technical leadership to the entire back-end and UI development team.
- Lead the Development Management Team (a small steering committee of the senior developers within the team) to improve and define processes and approach
- Align the senior technical team members and wider development team to focus on consistency of approach, performance, and efficiency. Encouraging dissemination of information across the team
- Actively listen, provide input, and make pragmatic decisions to effect change efficiently in line with business requirements, defining a 90-day plan to underpin this alongside other teams
- Collaborate with the Systems team in relevant discussions, and support better integration of the development team with the Azure platform
- Definition of structured team training plans ensuring each member of the development team has a month-by-month plan of training to support individual development and business objectives
- Meet with the developers 1-to-1 and as a team to provide mentorship, disseminate and confirm training plans, and validate and report on progress
- Collaborate with the Performance, Design, and UX department to; ensure the creative communication channels and collaboration between that department and the development team are effective and positive
- Put methods in place to ensure standards and consistency of technical output and documentation meet best practice
- Working with the HR team, lead the recruitment of new development resources, sifting CV’s, screen calling, and interviewing candidates as well as improving candidate testing
- Define, document, and maintain the technical strategy and underlying frameworks for .Net Core, and user interface development e.g., React
- Strategy should encompass a clearly documented approach for the architecture of solutions, developing common code/modules, as well as processes such as deployments, source control, and continuous integration
- In line with agreed business objectives research, analyse, and make recommendations for new technologies and platforms, forming part of that strategy
- Ensure there is a strategy and tangible approach for developer testing, code reviews, and ongoing improvement to code and solution quality
- Evangelising the above strategy to the wider technical team and business
- Evangelise the broader CMS strategy throughout the business e.g. with show & tell, project/strategy information shared, bringing the team together
- Ensure you are up to date with the CMS product roadmap, and in the loop on benefits and short-comings from both a sales-driven and technical point of view. Be aware of competitors in the space and pros/cons at a high level
- Seek to be visible to the CMS partner, improving communication and helping drive the partnership with our Head of Partnerships
- Proactively research and keep abreast of wider digital technologies within the MVC, Azure and UI development space, that can provide value to our clients
- Support sales opportunities with technical advice, estimates and attending pitches alongside others within the senior team
- Actively participate in client-facing Workshop phases providing detailed technical expertise, cost estimates, and architecting solutions which align with client requirements and budgets
- Drive the resulting architecture of a given project, leading the scoping and technical definition, to ensure the technical direction is clear and delivered to a high standard by the team subsequently delivering it
- Supporting Project / Delivery Managers, and Solution Architects / Technical Leads to document functional and technical requirements to a suitable standard, providing leadership and advice to do so
- Provide technical leadership on assigned projects with a focus on the interpretation of client requirements to provide optimal solutions long term
- Maintain oversight of progress, technical approach, and issues on all active projects across the business (via meetings, stand-ups, and sprint demos) to ensure developers are fulfilling their requirements on projects, and support issue resolution
- From time to time act as the Solution Architect / Technical Lead for designated projects; own and be responsible for the progress, technical approach, and integrity of those projects, driving quality and delivery within budgets and timescales
- Provide line management support and skills mentoring for the technical team, working with relevant project managers to gather feedback to facilitate this
- Conduct weekly 1:1s with your team members to discuss progress, blockers, other issues of a technical nature related to their day-to-day activity, and opportunities for advancement
Skills and experience required.
You should be passionate about the web industry, and proactive in investigating new tools, approaches, and trends, to share this with the wider team.
You need to be demonstrably approachable, reliable, and trustworthy in all aspects of your work, and to support the technical team and senior management.
As a Technology Manager, you should hold the following qualities
- Self-motivated and have enthusiasm for the technical and team aspects of the role
- Organised and methodical approach to tasks, with strategic problem-solving skills
- Calm under pressure, and ability to read and analyse situations against the bigger picture
- Ability to build and maintain trusted working relationships, positively influencing others
- Professional, approachable, and adaptable
- A strong desire to make a difference, supporting others where needed
- Strong understanding of digital solutions, eCommerce, and all aspects of the broader digital landscape
- Proven experience in the delivery of digital projects and products
- Proven technical consulting experience
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and organisational skills
- High-level of attention to detail, and a focus on solution quality, security, and performance
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, business, marketing, or a related field
- Knowledge of CMS platforms (Sitecore, Umbraco, Kentico, EpiServer etc)
- Ideally Microsoft Azure Certified
All interviews and onboarding will be conducted remotely and swift feedback and decisions can be provided.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.