Be part of a pioneering financial technology company!
Are you looking for a new role where you can work on new tech whilst managing, inspiring and growing a world-class engineering team?
We are looking for an experienced Head of Engineering or an experienced Tech Lead looking to take the next step up to join the team. You will help lead and build a fantastic team that is full of ambitious, talented, and creative people who are passionate about applying technology to create great digital solutions and services with the creation of a new fully open API platform. The key to this role is previous experience or the ability to build a world-class engineering team in a fast growth/scale-up environment.
You’ll be involved in architecture discussions, leading teams from an engineering vision perspective as well as day to day product enhancements. The founders engineering vision for the system architecture needs to be followed by the book and developing an engineering culture that delivers that is critical.
You will be responsible for
- Help build a range of exciting new developments
- Oversee and coordinate a growing back end and front end engineering team from sprint planning to release
- Hire, develop and retain a world-class team
- Work with the senior team to define technology vision and strategy and develop a team structure that can scale to billions
- Ensure engineering culture evolves in line with the founders’ vision
- Experience working in a hyper-growth business with a plan to grow the business by 100x over the next 18 months
- A hands-on engineer, although they intend to grow rapidly, a love of working on real engineering problems is key, this isn’t a stakeholder management role
- Quantified experience of hiring, developing and retaining a high-quality engineering team including DevOps
- Coordinate and collaborate across multiple product roadmaps. There is currently one sprint team but expect this to grow to 5 very quickly so joining the feature and release dots across multiple teams will be critical
- Experience of modern tech ideally to include Node JS, MongoDB and React
- Experience of Amazon Web Services and knowledge of Serverless environments
- Previous experience in any high growth, high volume API based B2B business would be fantastic
- Strong project management skills
- Delivery focused and strong commercial awareness
Key Rewards Include:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Exposure to the latest technology and an opportunity to help shape the future direction
- Pension & Life Assurance
If you would like any more information about our Tech Lead / Head of Engineering role then please get in contact.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.