A global leader in IoT and Connected Devices is hiring!
A fast-paced and varied role in a booming business.
A global leader in IoT and Connected Devices who are scaling up their UK offering requires an experienced System Tester with a proven track record of testing and validating complex wireless systems. You will be involved in ensuring hardware and software quality and be responsible for functional testing activities ensuring applications work as expected and issues clearly reported through appropriate channels and tools. Your role will be to work closely with project stakeholders, development and systems Engineering teams to ensure the system under test meets requirements resulting in quality product.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Understanding requirements and creating key test deliverables such as test strategies, plans scripts, scenarios, and test data
- Develop and successfully execute detailed test plans, procedures and scenarios for unit, function, system integration, acceptance, and regression testing
- Test estimation, scheduling, requirements traceability, execution and reporting results to various audiences.
- Defect identification, reporting and ownership through to resolution.
- Establishing close working relationships with developers and Systems Engineering teams
- Document the successes and failures of all executed test procedures
- Write clear, concise and effective written correspondence, test plans and results, procedures and scenarios in accordance with customer policies
- Involvement in requirement capture and review to ensure testability
- Degree level qualification in relevant subject
- Solid formal testing experience in a structured working environment
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A team player but also able to work independently using your initiative.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have excellent time management and the ability to work to deadlines.
- Knowledge and experience in testing wireless products such as Wi-Fi, Cellular, Bluetooth, 802.15.4
- Exposure to test automation tools and principles
- Experience in using Linux on embedded systems
- Background in Systems Engineering for wireless products and networking
- Ability and experience in programming languages such as C, C++, python