Join a well-established data insight consultancy.
Support and develop data solutions for exciting clients.
A talented SQL Developer is required to join a leading innovative Cloud and Data Solutions provider that have built a fantastic reputation for providing valuable insight and strategic advice through their Digital Services platform and expanding analysis and data science service offering. They have a strong track record in supporting some of the UK’s leading brands and organisations in improving their marketing activities and operational performance by working with their marketing and customer data and databases and making strategic insights and recommendations.
You will help in the support and development of data solutions including SQL Server databases and any other day-to-day helpdesk support across client-facing systems.
Role & Responsibilities:
Assist senior SQL developers in the creation and maintenance of SQL Server-based data solutions, ranging from refreshing regular solution rebuilds to the creation of data warehouse/single customer views by creating bespoke code within defined solutions as required.
SQL Server is currently the main database used but there will also be a requirement to carry out processing of various client and third-party data sets within both the Cygnus and Synaxis applications in relation to deduplication and suppression tasks.
Identify and carry out potential improvements to the data environment, following discussion with client and manager.
Refresh of databases for our hosted clients to ensure accurate and up-to-date environments are available for use for both external clients and internal co-workers.
- You will have good experience of MS SQL Server (2005-2017), T-SQL and SSIS with a good understanding of data and database structures, preferably with a high-level analytical background and excellent numerical skills.
- You will be comfortable using Microsoft Office suite, relational databases, customer relationship management. You will also have T-SQL skills for the manipulation and preparation of client-supplied data within SQL Server Management Studio, as well as the administration of SQL databases.
- Ability to Interrogate large data volumes via an appropriate software application.
- Ideally, you will have experience in a similar role, using client data within a database, campaign and visualisation environment.
- C# or VB.net, ASP.net, VBA, SSRS, Power BI, Excel
- Experience of Zendesk or similar helpdesk software.
- Understanding of data processing techniques and methodologies including deduplication, consolidation and suppressions.
- Experience of Cygnus software, Talend, Blender or similar data processing applications.
- Interrogation of large data volumes via an appropriate software application.
- Minimum two years in a similar role, using client data within a database, campaign and visualisation environment
- Experience of working with or in a charity or not-for-profit organisation, and of working with external suppliers
This is a great opportunity to get in at the very beginning with an exciting new company and product with comprehensive benefits and bonus package including share options combined with a very flexible working environment in a brand new state of the office with free and easy parking. The role is based in Bath within an easy commute of Bristol, Chippenham, Swindon, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire.