Leading insurance company is looking for an exceptional specialist.
Great benefits and work/life balance.
If you are a talented Solution Architect who is looking for an environment where you can thrive and really help to put the customer first by creating a modern and service-based application architecture to support continued growth plans for one of the UK’s major players and success stories within the online insurance and financial services sector. You will join a growing Architecture team that are driving and playing a key role in building and enhancing different platforms and shift towards the cloud and modern microservices architectures as a key part for a large digital transformation programme.
You will be responsible for developing the architecture and technical direction of IT Applications, ensuring that the use of technology is aligned with the overall company direction and business strategy regarding applications, data and infrastructure. The Solution Architect will influence the activities of other IT teams to ensure that IT strategy and architectural goals are achieved through the wider virtual architecture team. You will have a busy schedule working on a variety of projects within the overall digital transformation programme and will work as part of a small close-knit team
Skills and Experience Required
- A strong technical background in Java and application development ideally with strong design and architecture skills but we are prepared to consider experienced Senior Developers looking to take the next step up to an Architect role
- Experience of micro service design and knowledge of Java Spring boot
- A good wide knowledge of various Cloud and AWS technologies
- Extensive experience in designing and building IT applications. Demonstrable evidence of working within the full system development lifecycle process preferably using agile methodologies
- Knowledge of CI/CD
- Experience of an architecture framework and methodology such as TOGAF, Zachman, etc. would be beneficial
- Experience of working in insurance or financial services sector would be beneficial
In return you will work in a supportive environment that offers ongoing development combined with a great culture and benefits package that includes:
- 35 hour working week
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- A discretional bonus of up to 10%
- Generous contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%
- Discount from high street retailers
- Childcare Vouchers
- Discount cinema tickets + loads more
- Discounted rail and bus travel
The office has excellent travel connections and options including free shuttle bus and connections to Redhill and Reigate stations.