Join a fast-paced and dynamic environment!
We are looking for an experienced Solution Architect. Despite rapid growth, our client is undergoing a program to upgrade its technology infrastructure.
The company is transitioning from a single-vendor system to a multi-vendor API-driven microservices model. The internal IT and Change function is evolving and increasingly taking on the role of system integrator.
Solution architects are crucial in defining and ensuring understanding of solutions in a busy change agenda.
To enhance change management, an architecture tool will be introduced in 2024 to complement existing documentation.
The company seeks a Solution Architect experienced in a dynamic, fast-growing environment with a focus on tooling adoption and who can help the organisation implement more structure and architecture governance.
Working across a complex environment with diverse applications, services, and implementation teams you will collaborate with key stakeholders and technology partners to support the evolution of our client’s Technical, Integration, and Data Architecture and ensure it is aligned with the wider IT strategy and business goals.
Your experience in juggling multiple projects will be essential as you help shape and clarify solutions while ensuring key stakeholders understand and welcome each solution’s benefits and limitations.
As Solution Architect, your key responsibilities will be to
- Provide technology and architecture leadership, governance, and coordination for medium to large technology-driven change projects.
- Take ownership of defining, delivering, and managing clearly defined APIs and a common object model.
- Collaborate with the CTO, Lead Solution Architect, Business Analysts and architects, and technology partners to support the evolution of Technical and Data Architecture.
- Ensure alignment with IT strategy and company business goals, spanning API/Event-driven Microservices architecture, Microsoft Azure cloud infrastructure, and external SaaS solutions.
- Address legal and regulatory standards, information and cyber security, business continuity, and disaster recovery.
- Drive common approaches across organizational and computing “silos” to expose information assets and processes across the enterprise.
We are looking for a Solution Architect with an appetite for continuous technology innovation and prior experience in the UK Financial Services Industry – banking, wealth management, Insurance, Life and Pensions, or similar.
You should have
- Experience providing technical leadership on complex integration projects.
- Ability to work remotely with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to support and coordinate the resolution of complex production and non-production issues.
- Positive and enthusiastic approach with a strong team ethic.
- Ability to multitask, be flexible, and adapt to interruptions and change.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong experience across application, integration, and data architecture
It would also be great if you had a knowledge or understanding of the following
- Microsoft Azure cloud technologies.
- Data warehousing and analytics solutions using Microsoft Azure technology (Databricks, Data Factory & Synapse).
- API / Event driven Microservices Architecture
- Data modeling and development of OpenAPI v3 (Swagger) API definitions.
- Microsoft DevOps.
- Relational and non-relational database technologies.
- Common architectural and integration design patterns.
- Familiarity with one or more architecture tools & if you have helped implement one even better
- Implementation of standards-based authentication and identity management solutions (OAuth2/OpenID, etc.).
- Business domain-specific standards such as ORIGO Messaging.
- Background in either C#/.Net or Java-centric development.
- Familiarity with the Atlassian toolset (JIRA/Confluence).
- Familiarity with one or more architecture methodologies (e.g., TOGAF).
- Familiarity with domain-driven design.
Our client offers a full and comprehensive benefits package that takes care of all your financial, physical, and emotional well-being needs.
On top of a competitive salary, you can expect
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible hybrid working with 1 day per week required in office
- A generous Life assurance and pension scheme
- An annual 5% bonus
- Discounted travel insurance
- A cycle to work scheme
- Access to a 360 wellbeing tracker
- Study support opportunities that allow the pursuit of professional qualifications that enable growth and career development.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status, or family circumstances.