Are you an experienced IT Solution Architect? Are you an expert at delivering retail projects?
We are looking for a passionate Solution Architect to create high-level solution architecture.
As a seasoned Solution Architect, you’ll create high-level solution architecture for our household name retail client. You’ll aid the development of artefacts, methodologies, and processes. As an industry expert, you’ll use your knowledge and experience to stay one step ahead, identifying and assessing all the new and emerging technologies.
As a Solution Architect, you will be responsible for creating excellent solution architectures for assigned retail projects and programmes, providing subject matter expertise and guidance on best practices, with a strong strategic awareness of the wider business and technology context.
This role requires an ability to be a great all-rounder, with the ability to think strategically as well as use your first-rate technical abilities.
Under these two guises, you will
- Engage with business leaders and understand their requirements; scoping, discovering, and defining solutions, explaining business benefits and use cases with a roadmap to meet their goals
- Work with Project Managers, Business Analysts, and business stakeholders to initiate projects that develop appropriate technology solutions to solve business problems, including providing technical feasibility assessments, option recommendations, and non-functional requirements.
- Create solution architectures that align to the IT principles, standards and roadmap, ensuring any deviations are agreed upon with the Architecture Design Authority board
- Create all required design documentation artefacts including high-level system impact assessments, as-is/to-be blueprints, and solution concept diagrams
- Create system solution options matrices with recommendations for option selection to enable effective decision making (often at steering group/director level)
- Be accountable for the viability of proposed solutions and responsible for providing direction, advice and guidance on the appropriate approach to the solution throughout the project
- Act as the guardian of the solution, governing scope and integrity to ensure that the solutions delivered align to the solution architecture, and managing and resolving any design issues as they arise
- Be responsible for communicating the solution and implications to project members and approvers outside
- Be actively involved in vendor selection processes and management throughout the project lifecycle.
As a skilled strategic thinker, you’ll
- Keep abreast with developments in the IT industry and retail market space to ensure that the solution architectures are kept in line with industry standards and only deviate for commercial benefit
- Support Enterprise Architects and Domain Architects to develop and communicate IT strategy and technology plans
- Contribute to the architecture community through continual development of our artefacts, methodologies and processes, and identification and assessment of new and emerging technologies.
Our Solution Architect will have
- A degree in IT or related business topic (desirable)
- Experience in IT preferably as a solution architect or solution designer on major programmes of work
- Experience in designing solutions that operate on the core technologies in use e.g. Oracle Retail (ERP), Hybris (E-commerce)
- Proven ability to deliver flexible, reliable, supportable, cost-effective (packaged and bespoke) IT solutions, including integration to legacy systems
- Demonstrable experience in IT Industry standards, services, design, architecture principles design, architecture views and viewpoint design, building block design, solutions modelling and systems behaviour
- Experience in IT Architecture (and underlying frameworks such as TOGAF and SOA) including the development (and ensuring adherence to) Architecture principles and standards
- Proficiency in methods and techniques for structured reviews, including reviews of non-functional requirements, technical documents, test plans, business cases and other key deliverables
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with business stakeholders to establish requirements and manage expectations in non-technical language
This is a remote role, but there will on rare occasions be a requirement to travel to our client’s office in Weymouth.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.