Join a long standing and successful global technology and testing company!
We are looking for articulate, self-motivated, and detail-oriented Software Test Engineers to join a product development team.
As a Software Test Engineer, you will be working on enhancing and maintaining successful testing tools used by TV manufacturers around the world. We are happy to consider Engineers both at graduate level and more experienced Engineers who offer commercial experience.
As a Software Test Engineer, your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Examine technical standards, specifications, and test requirements.
- Design, implement and validate new testing features e.g. test cases, broadcast/IP media and bug fixes.
- Break down complex tasks into simpler ones and provide effort estimates for them.
- Taking ownership for the completion and overall quality of tasks.
- Reviewing your teammates’ work, giving constructive and helpful feedback.
- Preparing customers’ deliveries.
- Contributing new ideas and improvements to products, infrastructure, or processes.
If you are someone currently working as a Functional Test Analyst, Developer in Test, Testing Tool Engineer, QA Engineer or Test Development Engineer, you may have the skillset required for this role.
The essential skills and experience required are
- Teamwork – you collaborate smoothly and efficiently; you can encourage and mentor other team members.
- Analytical skills – you can skim through a lot of information to find what is relevant and break down complex tasks into manageable smaller ones.
- Problem-solving skills – you have a structured approach to analysis and reporting to figure out the root cause of issues and their possible solutions.
- Self-motivation – you show initiative, you are able and willing to work without being told exactly what to do.
- Critical thinking – you can challenge things and suggest improvements or alternatives.
- Curiosity – you ask questions, and you are keen to learn and understand.
The desirable skills and experience are
- Knowledge of the broadcast industry (DVB), Digital TV, audio/video technology and media transport.
- Basic understanding of programming concepts (test flow, functions, loops, scope of variable, conditional statements).
- Familiarity with software development concepts and tools (Agile, Continuous Integration, Version Control / JIRA, Jenkins, Subversion, Redmine).
- Experience with Windows and Linux command line.
- Experience in system testing; software and hardware combined.
- Experience debugging hardware interfaces (Wireshark).
- Degree in science or engineering.
Our client offers extensive and generous benefits, including
- Flexible and remote working options to promote a healthy work/life balance
- 24/7 Employee Assistance programme (Offering Legal, Financial, Medical advice and counselling)
- 24 Days Holiday (+ UK Bank Holidays)
- Contributory Pension
- Benefits including Life assurance, gym /retail discounts etc
- Personal development training budget
- Occasional opportunities to travel and work around the UK and internationally.
- Career progression opportunities
Please note, we are unable to offer sponsorship, so can only consider applications from candidates who are able to work and live in the UK without restriction.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.