Manage, inspire and grow a first class engineering team.
Our client is looking for an aspirational Software Engineering Manager to help lead and build a fantastic team that is full of ambitious, talented, and creative people.
As Software Engineering Manager, you will lead a team as you work to develop and create a new fully open API platform. This role requires strong leadership and impressive coaching skills. You should have previous experience or be able to demonstrate the ability to build a second to none engineering team amid a fast growth/scale-up environment.
Day to day, you will;
- Evaluate and coach developers to continually improve their performance as both technologists and employees
- Measure individual and team performances to ensure targets are being reached.
- Oversee and coordinate a high performance and world-class engineering team from sprint planning to release
- Help Hire, develop and retain a world-class team
- Coordinate and collaborate across multiple product roadmaps across multiple sprint teams so joining the feature and release dots across multiple teams will be critical
- To be accountable for the team’s quality, timely delivery, and the project’s success. You’re also the team’s advocate within the company, getting them everything they need to be successful
- Effortlessly switch between big picture thinking and nit-picking detail.
- Ensure engineering culture evolves in line with the founder’s vision
- Implement modern agile and coding practices using the latest development tools and techniques
Skills and experience required.
As Software Engineering Manager, you should;
- Be passionate about nurturing engineering talent, encouraging their development
- Have strong experience in hiring, developing, and retaining a high-quality software engineering team including developers, QA, and DevOps Engineers.
- Have in-depth knowledge of Agile working principles, practices and processes together with experience of modern development tools, processes and practices
- Have enough technical experience to be able to contribute to and guide technical discussions despite not necessarily being involved in direct coding work
- Have the ability to provide support for innovation & new ideas and ensure staff feel empowered to challenge existing methods
- Have some experience of leading teams in modern cloud and tech platform environments – AWS, Lambda, S3, NodeJS, MongoDB and React
- Previous experience in any high growth, high volume API based B2B business would be fantastic
- Agile Delivery focused and strong commercial awareness
- Scrum-master/technical project management.
The key rewards include;
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements (home working and flexible hours)
- Exposure to the latest technology and an opportunity to help shape the future direction of the organisation
- 25 days’ holiday and a day off for your birthday
- Pension & Life Assurance
Please note all interviews and onboarding will be conducted remotely and ongoing longer term flexibility around home working and hours will also be provided although longer term there may be a requirement to work up to 2 days per week in the office.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.