Join a global leading service provider!
We are looking for a talented and motivated Software Engineer wishing to work with all the latest technologies as part of a highly collaborative team.
You will be joining a team that creates new products and develops and maintains existing products. You will spend a portion of your time coding but will also be involved in specification analysis, software design, code review, and documentation. It is essential that you should be able to demonstrate an analytical mind and a logical, curious approach.
This is a great opportunity to join an industry leader who can offer the opportunity to work on exciting upcoming projects at the forefront of media and broadcast technology. You’ll be joining a team where personal development is encouraged and supported by peer reviews.
As a software engineer, you will have the chance to work with the latest technologies, including;
- Python, Django and PHP for the backend
- C/C++ for performance critical features and SDK integration
- Windows and Linux OS
- SVN for version control
- Jenkins for continuous integration
- JIRA for project management
- Slack and wiki for collaboration
The skills and experience required.
You should be able to demonstrate;
· Experience as a Software Engineer in a commercial or research (e.g. postgraduate) environment
· Any experience in the media or broadcast industry would be advantageous but is not mandatory
· An analytical approach and a keen eye for detail
· Education to degree level in either Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or another technical/scientific subject.
Alongside a competitive salary, our client is able to offer;
- Working on current and emergent media technologies
- Opportunities to progress and grow within the company
- Competitive pay within a well-established and growing international company
- Long term flexible and home working opportunities
- Great benefits:
- Full Gym membership
- Discounts with many retailers
- Season ticket loan scheme
- Life insurance
- Mobile phone insurance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 5%
- Summer and Christmas social events
- Great location within the city centre
- Opportunities to travel around the UK and internationally
All interviews and on boarding will take place remotely by video.
The role will be fully remote during covid. Longer-term flexibility and home working are available. Candidates will need to be prepared to work occasionally when required.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.