Are you a creative thinking and problem solving Software Engineer who is keen to move away from your comfort zone and pick up new technologies? If you are, this is a great opportunity to join a cross functional team.
Our client uses the best available technology to deliver a modern digital services platform that enables their customers and consumers to gain value from their data in line with an almost limitless opportunity for deeper insight to improve performance and business outcomes.
As a Software Engineer you will have the opportunity to work within a cross-functional team. You’ll be working with some of the latest technologies to improve the capabilities and features set for a secure digital services platform. This includes developing APIs, UIs and embedded widgets for customers. You will learn new skills and be an integral part of a growing team who are encouraged to bring new ideas and suggestions to push the platform forward.
You will work primarily on micro-services built using Node or Java. You will need to understand server-side technologies and distributed systems.
The technology stack is constantly evolving as our client’s engineers discover new technologies to improve the platform.
It would be great if you were to have experience with:
- Java 1.8+ | Kotlin | Spring
- HTML5 / CSS
- MongoDB | PostgreSQL
- GCP | Azure | AWS
- be keen to learn more about new technologies.
- be eager to contribute towards a supportive, collaborative work environment.
- want to work in a team where you have a real say in how things are done.
- be interested in distributed systems.
- follow TDD best practice to create well-tested, well-structured code.
- be familiar with standard version control, build, test and deployment tooling.
- thrive in a fast paced, challenging working environment.
- have experience in some or all of the technologies above.
Good interpersonal skills are required to build relationships and trust with open source development communities, in order to find answers to problems and gain support, which has to be reciprocal.
This is an immediate requirement and all interviews and onboarding will be conducted remotely and ongoing flexibility around home working and hours will also be provided.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.