Work for a leading international omnichannel retailer!
A leading international digital media and ecommerce company seek an experienced Software Development Manager to lead their internal development team of Developers, Testers and DevOps Engineers.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for a great group of c20 developers, DevOps and Testers and making them greater. You’ll evaluate and coach the team to continually improve their performance as both technologists and employees
- Mentoring and training the team
- Defining the IT Software development & testing lifecycle
- Liaising with external suppliers
- To be accountable for the success of one or more projects assigned to you. Each project will have a cross-team, cross-functional group of people assigned to it.
- To be accountable for the team’s quality, timely delivery and the project’s success. You’re also the team’s advocate within the company, getting them everything they need to be successful
- Effortlessly switching between big picture thinking and nit-picking detail.
- Understanding technical solutions and articulating these to peers and key stakeholders
Skills and Experience Required:
You will demonstrate a strong track record and ability to manage and develop high performing development teams. You will genuinely passionate and excited about what you do and will be both a strong leader and team player. Your skills will also include:
- Experience with agile development projects (Lean/Kanban)
- Strong people management and leadership skills with strong motivation and coaching expertise
- Track record of introducing new agile development approaches and best practice
- Strong man management & leadership ability
- Strong knowledge of developing Microsoft Software Solutions (.Net, C#, ASP.Net, SQL Server, MVC)
- Ability to solve problems with the right mix of creativity and deep analysis.
- Proactively identify project, people and organisational problems and provide well-thought-out solutions to them.
- Previous experience of delivering Web-based applications and solutions, running large integration projects or experience of ecommerce or retail solutions is desirable but not essential
If you would like more information about our Software Development Manager role then please get in contact.
In return, you will receive a very competitive salary with excellent benefits package that includes fantastic opportunities for development and promotion, matched pension contributions and various lifestyle and health benefits.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.