Join a well-established financial firm.
Provide 2nd/ 3rd line support for a range of Microsoft-based mission-critical applications and mentor other team members and help propose service improvements and support projects when needed.
A leading wealth management and financial services provider require an experienced Applications Support Specialist with a strong background supporting SQL Server database solutions and Microsoft technologies to join their growing application support team.
You will be responsible for providing 2nd/ 3rd line support for a range of Microsoft based mission-critical applications and will demonstrate the confidence to mentor other team members and help propose service improvements and support projects when needed.
Some of the activities you will be involved but not limited to include:
- Able to resolve complex tickets at 2nd and 3rd line level
- Makes a significant contribution to projects.
- Create and maintain knowledge base and support documentation
- BAU Activities and Service Transitions
- Own the configuration process for the system
- Support and coach other members of the team and handle escalations from them
- Feedback to senior staff on repeat issues and raise a problem if needed
- Proactively suggest and implement service improvements
- Deputise for the manager as necessary
- Ensure adherence to escalation procedures.
- Handle escalations from other members of IT
- Take leading role with major incidents that are being resolved by the team
- Expert user of the Application Performance Monitoring tool to assist in resolving incidents
About You & your Experience
- Demonstrable experience of database and applications support and of mission-critical business applications in a 2nd and 3rd line capacity
- Experience of support Microsoft technologies including SQL Server (2008/2016), IIS and Web technologies
- Ability to install, patch and configure applications
- Strong problem-solving skills and exposure to using application performance monitoring tools
- Ability to dive in and own major incidents
- Background in Financial Services
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Management framework and key principles and processes
- Knowledge of Powershell
- Visual Basic
- SharePoint 2013
In return you will work for a progressive and supportive company that offers a fantastic working environment and comprehensive benefits package that includes 10 days of training and development per year and financial benefits that include:
- 25 days holiday and additional purchase option
- 4 x DIS
- Critical Illness
- 5% matched Pension scheme
- Flexible Benefits Scheme (BUPA, dental, Child Care Vouchers, Cycle to work, Health Screening, Technology benefit, Car Leasing)
Free car parking is available and the role is based within easy access of the M4.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.