Looking to drive the next generation of Digital Services?
On an impressive growth trajectory, our client is a leading global provider of data management systems working with clients at the forefront of their industry - some in 5G and IOT.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to help continue to build and improve a product platform used by internal teams and customers alike.
The team currently use the MEAN stack to build a highly customisable product backed by a product catalog, which makes for an interesting problem space. This role involves working across teams and understanding the higher level view of the code base.
This is an exciting time in our client’s journey. This organisation is moving towards a cloud native platform and implementing progressive technologies, enabling an efficient and resilient platform on which to continue developing product features which meet the needs of their customers.
- Develop features in a rapidly changing code base, Typescript, Node, Mongo, ActiveMQ
- Review and maintain code standards, SOLID, TDD
- Independently solve difficult technical issues and defects
- Assist with Dev-ops tasks such as the maintenance of builds, Gulp, Jenkins
- Mentor junior developers and teaching best practice
- Aid the Lead Developer in managing the teams work and schedule
- Give input on architectural decisions for features
- Investigate and resolve issues with legacy code and practices
- Share new knowledge and improvements with other teams
Skills and experience required.
You should have;
- Experience working with teams to build, test and deploy high quality, highly reliable, scalable applications, APIs and user-interfaces in a team environment.
- Experience with the MEAN stack (MongoDB, Express.js, AngularJS, Node.js)
- Experience working on Product development using an agile methodology
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to demonstrate technical leadership / mentoring skills
- An excellent work ethic, initiative, self-motivation and demonstrated ability to deliver high value products in a team environment
It would be desirable to have;
- A degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent qualification (desirable)
- Experience with technical leadership / mentoring skills (Desirable)
- Experience working on a Cloud platform and structuring an engineering organisation for a cloud based solution. (Desirable)
Please note all interviews and onboarding will be conducted remotely and ongoing longer term flexibility around home working and hours will also be provided although longer term there may be a requirement to work up to 2 days per week in the office when it is safe to do so.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.