Join a progressive company!
If you are a Senior Software Engineer who wishes to work with emerging technologies in media distribution and consumption and help develop world-class products for global brands in devices and media services then this is the role for you.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will need the ability to:
- Lead in a project development context, on product architecture and wholly own technical solutions for new and existing products.
- Interact with customers in a pre-sales and requirements gathering phase.
- Provide technical training & mentor other Engineers.
- Acts as a role model among the other engineers in terms of quality of work delivered, methodology, attitude, approachability, initiative and innovation.
- Develop a deep understanding of relevant technical domains and be regarded as subject matter experts by their colleagues.
- Seek to establish, evangelise and improve best practices.
- Contribute new ideas and improvements to products, services, infrastructure or processes beyond their existing experience or that they are familiar with.
The technologies you will work with:
- Python, Django and PHP for the backend
- C/C++ for performance-critical features and SDK integration
- Windows and Linux OS
- SVN for version control
- Jenkins for continuous integration
- Redmine for bug tracking
- JIRA for project management
- Slack and wiki for collaboration
Experience & Skills Required:
- Strong commercial software development experience and over 1 year in a senior engineer or leadership role
- Experience of the broadcast and consumer electronics industry, covering technologies like:
- networking and/or content streaming (TCP/IP, HTTP, UDP)
- applications and web-technologies (such as HTML5)
- media formats, e.g. MPEG, H.264, H.265, AAC, ISOBMFF, MPEG-DASH
- Education to degree level in either Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or another technical/scientific subject.
Why Should You Apply?
- Working on current and emergent media and broadcast technologies
- Opportunities to progress and grow within the company
- Competitive pay within a well-established and growing international company
- Flexible working opportunities
- Great benefits:
- Full Gym membership (taxable benefit)
- Discounts with many retailers
- Season ticket loan scheme
- Life insurance
- Mobile phone insurance
- 24 days holiday
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 5%
- Summer and Christmas social events
- Great location within the city centre
- Opportunities to travel around the UK and internationally
The role is based in the heart of Bristol city centre close to many shops, bars, restaurants and within close proximity to Bristol Temple Meads station.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.