Work for a leading international omnichannel retailer!
A leading international omnichannel retailer requires an experienced Senior Project Manager to lead the project portfolio across retail, POS, logistics, payments, loyalty and eCommerce and to manage both internal and 3rd party delivery teams.
Role & Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the delivery of all outcomes associated with a specific project or projects on a day to day basis.
- Management of a small team of Business Analysts and Project Managers
- Manages the successful transition of projects into BAU from a technical and non-technical perspective (Business and IT).
- End to end project life cycle management.
- Manages effective engagement and communication with the sponsor and stakeholders (Business & IT).
- Comfortable and confident chairing director level steering committee meetings.
- Effectively controls project tasks, deliverables, timelines and costs.
- Produces the project definition deliverables and manages the approval of the business case.
- Defines the project scope, approach and resources required as well as mobilising the delivery team.
- Ensures all regular progress reporting and governance actions are timely, accurate and transparent.
- Responsible for managing and mitigating all risks and issues.
- Initiates and chairs regular project meetings to monitor progress across all technical and non technical workstreams (Business and IT).
- Agree project completion and closure with stake holders.
- Creation and ongoing management of project plan.
- Forecasts resource requirements to successfully bid for the resources required by the project, and to assist senior management in long term resource planning
Skills & Experience required:
- Strong track record of successful project management.
- Previous Retail / Ecommerce experience ideally with exposure to POS, logistics, payments, loyalty and supply chain
- Experienced in the total project lifecycle and led projects which have had to be recovered from delays
- Able to demonstrate managing a mixed delivery team of Internal IT Teams, 3rd party suppliers and business resources.
- Project planning, resource planning and monitoring.
- Has strong commercial awareness and experience of managing budgets up to and above £500k.
- Has the energy and initiative to drive a project to its conclusion, even under adverse circumstances.
- Has the self-assurance to be confident in their own judgement, and to delegate the delivery of projects to the project team
- Has the perspective to move freely through all levels of the project hierarchy, to understand both the details and the strategic view of the project.
- Has a full understanding of the development lifecycle preferably with experience of traditional Waterfall approaches together with Agile development methodologies.
If you would like any more information about our Senior Project Manager role then please get in contact.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.