Start, grow and lead a new product team!
This is a career-defining opportunity for an experienced and ambitious Product Owner to lead a new product team for a disruptor challenger Digital Bank.
This Senior Product Owner job would suit an experienced but hands-on Head of Product. You may also be an aspiring Product Manager looking to take the next step up with the additional responsibility of leading a new product team and function.
You’ll need to be an energetic all-rounder who is comfortable with the strategic and commercial side of the role. In addition, you’ll need expertise in execution and delivery.
This Senior Product Owner job will require an understanding of the business requirements of our client.
You’ll identify, research and propose new products to be considered and developed for the business. You’ll plan and assist in the development, implementation, and distribution of new products focussing on those that have digital elements or delivery.
Day to day, your responsibilities will be to
- Understand and lead competitor analysis and research, as well as market opportunities and developments.
- Research and identify opportunities for the business and propose new products, with a focus on those with digital, online and direct delivery elements.
- Create product governance and align business goals to product goals, coordinate requirements and deliveries across multiple functions and achieve consensus.
- Present and propose new products to the Executive Committee and Board to be considered and prioritised as part of the business strategy and roadmap.
- Develop the product strategy from inception to completion.
- Lead and coordinate between technology & engineering team and the commercial business team for the development of the product.
- Coordinate and liaise with the risk, operations and marketing departments to ensure adherence to regulations and development of go-to-market distribution strategies.
- Understand the financial implications, including costs and revenue, for new products to model a new product’s impact on the business.
- Prioritise requirements to develop implementation roadmap and track execution milestones and results of testing.
- Always keep on a customer lens and ensure all developments lead to positive customer and bank outcomes.
- Keep track of data flows and develop metrics for reporting/reviews of existing products.
- Develop relevant documentation around status updates for Governance forums.
As Senior Product Owner, you’ll need
- Strong experience working as a Product Manager, preferably in the fintech or financial services industry.
- Knowledge/experience of banking products (lending/savings/SME/retail) would be beneficial.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams in the research, development, and launch of new products.
- Extensive experience in product management with leadership and cooperation capacity required.
- Technical background with a fundamental understanding of product, software development, and UX.
- A good understanding of technologies across mobile, web, and APIs.
- A good understanding of utilising data to support decision-making (e.g. SQL and Python) would be beneficial.
- Advanced understanding and experience with agile / SCRUM methodologies.
- A good understanding of marketing and design principles, including the development of go-to-market strategies, product design, and sales promotions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
On top of this, you’ll boast
- Excellent and engaging communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional quantitative and qualitative skills.
- Effective stakeholder management.
- The ability to devise, implement and develop long-term plans and strategies.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- The ability to think strategically and creatively regarding the long-term development of an organisation’s product roadmap.
- The ability to produce high-quality written reports for internal management purposes and for senior management/trustees.
- A flexible approach to work and highly organised working practices.
- The ability to work collaboratively across different areas within the organisation.
- The ability to develop and maintain strong and effective working relationships with partner organisations.
Our client offers excellent scope for progression on top of the opportunity to create and head up a new team and function. In addition, you’ll receive a generous benefits and bonus package that includes:
- Up to 40% bonus
- Employee Share Options
- Private medical
- Company pension scheme (6% employer, 3% employee)
- Flexible working arrangements with the opportunity to work from abroad for up to 30 days per year
This is a hybrid working opportunity with 3 days per week required in the office.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status, or family circumstances.