Work for a leading international omnichannel retailer!
Are you an experienced Senior C# ASP .Net Developer looking for a new challenge to enhance your development skills?
Experienced .Net Developers are required to work as part of a collaborative agile team comprised of business SMEs, test analysts and developers that sprints at a two-weekly cadence.
You will be part of a technical team getting involved in a variety of development and integration projects and working collaboratively within diverse project teams. You’ll take the lead on the technical analysis of project requirements, defining solution architecture, and building well tested modern scalable applications to high standards of quality. You will continuously find new and innovative ways to tackle problems using the latest tech including Microsoft Azure, DevOps, headless CMS and .Net Core.
You could be an established .NET developer experienced in web development. You are looking to continue to be challenged with collaborative work that makes a real difference. You’ll have a deep and varied knowledge of the architecture and development of applications built using Microsoft ASP.NET Framework and .NET Core.
You will be required to work on projects of varying sizes and will involve working through the entire lifecycle of web application development, including:
- .NET web application development
- Leading and supporting others within the development team, being able to answer questions and lead the project from a technical perspective
- Preparing functional and technical specification document
- Scoping projects, requirements capture and delivering time estimates
- Help build a range of integrations with other systems to serve a variety of project needs taking responsibility for the quality of code you produce.
- Implement reusable components and APIs for purposes of integration, performance optimisation, security, and scalability
- debug and diagnose complex issues with production applications
- research and share knowledge of tools, processes, and techniques with your wider team, both developers and non-developers
Essential skills & experience:
- Commercial ASP.NET web application development using C#, MVC and SQL Server with a specific focus on e-commerce and web platforms
- Experience working as technical lead on commercially focused web development projects, and demonstrate an ability to communicate
- Experience of using the Atlassian toolset (Jira, Confluence) and version control systems such as Git
- Good experience in integration of web applications with other systems
- Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST and API design.
- Experience designing and maintaining highly scalable systems with high availability
- Knowledge of TDD and Continuous integration.
- Cloud implementations e.g. MS Azure.
- Dotnet core 1.1 / 2.0 / 2.2
- DevOps (Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, ansible)
You’ll also need to be:
- enthusiastic and motivated, with an appetite for learning
- a great communicator and natural collaborator
- unafraid to ask questions
- adept at solving conceptual problems
- organised and good at prioritising work
- focused, with sharp attention to detail
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress
- Company events & social hours
- Wellness programmes
- Profit sharing/share options
- Group Pension scheme with matched contributions
- Staff discounts across a range of lifestyle and health products
If you would like more information about our Senior .NET Developer role then please get in contact.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.