Support a busy brand with a strong eCommerce platform.
You will work together with developers, DevOps and SysOps to help maintain database availability and deliver smooth and quick shopping experience for our online customers.
A highly experienced and self-sufficient MySQL DBA is required to join a heritage brand and the team supporting an e-commerce platform.
You should be experienced with backup and restore procedures using Percona Xtrabackup.
You should possess knowledge of how to tackle slow queries, aware of the impact of the indexes and other DDL commands.
You should be familiar with Amazon RDS and Amazon Aurora and migrating into the cloud.
- Maintain production, staging and test database servers
- Verify databases changes for each release and estimate time required to execute them
- Optimize and validate and adjust MySQL configuration
- Collect, aggregate, report and provide advice on slow queries
- Apply indexes to prevent full table scans (covering, composite)
- Find and advice on referendum not used indexes
- Backup and restore of MySQL using Percona Xtrabackup (compressed, streamed)
- Run multiple MySQL instances on the same server.
- Good knowledge of MySQL 5.6
- Comfortable with managing and updating all indexes types (primary, unique, secondary, covering, composite)
- Percona Server
- Percona Xtrabackup (backup, restore, compress, xbstream, qpcrybt)
- Percona Toolkit
- Bash scripting
- Stored procedures
- Query execution plans
- Red Hat
Nice to have:
- Amazon RDS
- Amazon Aurora
- Amazon CLI
- Red Hat Cluster
Due to a rural location, you will need to have your own transport but the role does offer the opportunity for remote / home working 1 day per week.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.