Help mentor your colleagues and deliver impactful improvements to a product and system.
Are you looking for a new role where you can work on the latest tech whilst working and growing in a world class engineering team who provide vital technology for customer-centric businesses of the future?
This is a great opportunity to work in a positive, open environment that promotes fresh ideas, challenge and experimentation, and encourages continual learning. You will be provided with flexible working that focusses on delivery rather than just focusing on hours worked. The team
work in 6 week delivery timeboxed cycles with the squads working in 1-day sprints. The stack is Node.js with Typescript deployed on AWS Lambda, Mongo Atlas and React on the front end.
What will you be doing?
- Working in a domain aligned cross functional squad made up of developers, testers, product and designers along with colleagues from Customer and Operations.
- Work closely with product to provide input into shaping future work (we call them Bets).
- Be a technical leader within the squad.
- Be influential in setting the technical direction within a squad.
- Mentoring and supporting other members of the team and the wider Engineering organisation.
- Participate in cross team Chapters to develop and improve processes, best practice and technologies.
- Hands-on server software development, test, debug, deployment and support.
- Provide challenge to the methodology and architecture.
You’ll be someone who’s…
- Excited about working in a rapidly growing Tech company that will throw you in at the deep end where your learning curve will be steep
- Experience of full stack development in a fast moving, agile environment.
- Ability to understand business requirements and turn this into efficient, scalable solutions.
- Experience of writing thorough unit tests with the strong desire to ensure code is robust and reliable.
- Knowledge of continuous integration
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience of document-based databases, specifically MongoDB
- Experience of Amazon Web Services, including Lambda, SQS and SNS and knowledge of Serverless environments
Key Rewards Include:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements (hours and remote / homeworking options)
- Exposure to the latest technology and an opportunity to help shape the future direction
- Pension & Life Assurance
Please note all interviews and onboarding will be conducted remotely and ongoing longer term flexibility around home working and hours will also be provided although longer term post covid it would be preferred if you were able to work 1-2 days per month in the office.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.