Play a lead role in a product centric SaaS start up.
We are looking for a 100% remote Senior Java Developer to provide a next generation platform for some of the biggest global brands in broadcasting and content services whose products are used by millions of end users and devices.
This is a great opportunity to join a small, dedicated team where everyone makes things and everyone is supporting prestigious customers. Working in a modern tech stack – Java, Microservices, AWS, NoSQL (Mongo, Cassandra and Kafka), Kubernetes, Docker (and whatever comes next) when they help solve difficult problems. Other active technologies include Dropwizard, ElasticSearch, Prometheus and Jenkins .
You will be part of an engineering team, who make and design critical web services both in up-front design and going support of our operations and systems.
Our client process billions of data points each day to ingest, clean, match and enhance linear schedules (think broadcasters) and on-demand catalogues (TV, radio, music, social, etc.) in real time. It develops efficient algorithms to help end-users find content, and help customers understand how their content is used.
Performance is really important: interfaces must be fast and responsive, and too much data is processed to afford the costs of badly engineered systems.
Our clients are proactive. Time is spent making things, not talking about making things!
Everyone can have their say, work on things that matter to them, and see the results go live to millions. Joining us means real challenges, hard but satisfying work, plenty of opportunity to learn about and use new technology.
Our client is a start-up, so you will operate in an ever-changing environment.
Your work will include:
- Write solid code. You’ll need to write good, structured, high-quality code in Java.
- Build a top-class development environment. Develop shared systems and tools including the maintenance of production and test environments.
- Stay technically ahead. Make sure you are abreast of latest technology and tools including products and services offered by our competitors, clients and partners in the media ecosystem.
- Push the envelope. Experiment with new technologies to propose and build small experimental projects that extend our knowledge and experience.
- Think like a hacker. Ensure that our product and services are secure.
Skills and experience required.
The following are essential prerequisites for this technical role:
- Computer Science or related engineering degree;
- Strong commercial software development experience, ideally 5+ years
- Good working knowledge and experience of Java; and
- Knowledge in AWS, Microservices, React, Node JS and HTML/CSS would be a plus.
Our client offers;
- Attractive salary and benefits.
- Flexible hours and location (within reason). If you are based out of the UK, we’d like you to overlap at least 80% of your time with UK hours between 10am-6pm.
- Plenty of opportunity to learn about and use cutting-edge technology.
- Work in a small team with a horizontal hierarchy: just one team, no departments, no bureaucracy. You will work with everyone equally, and as an equal, with the same tools and processes.
- Everyone strives for excellence daily, and takes pride in impacting the life of millions.
- We work with some of the world’s biggest and best brands.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.