Join a dynamic product and services company!
We are looking for an experienced Senior Full Stack Developer to work on a broad variety of innovative customer platforms & systems within the security and defence sectors.
Working at the heart of a small, cross-functional team, you’ll have a love of design, and enjoy delivering innovative and engaging web solutions. This role requires a broad gaze, as you’ll be responsible for the design of new products with your focus on the design and user experience, from conception to deployment.
Part of this role will be to guide and mentor junior staff. A keen team player, your experience and seniority will enable and empower your colleagues.
You can expect an interesting, creative and autonomous day. As a senior full stack developer, you will
- Work with the engineering teams and product managers to ideate software solutions and engaging visual designs
- Design, build and maintain efficient, useable, and reliable front-end applications
- Develop product features with minimal supervision.
- Design client-side architecture
- Turn wireframes into interactive prototypes
- Turn prototypes into production-ready code
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Help maintain code quality, organisation and automation
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Work with Engineering and Capability Delivery to improve software
Being an experienced Developer, you will have:
- Proven experience as a Senior Full Stack Developer
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Take pride in producing and maintaining work to a high standard
- Be a creative thinker able to recognise and solve problems by thinking outside the box
- Willingness to adopt new techniques and technologies and stay up to date with industry best practices
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Ability to lead a small team
- Expected to have an online portfolio of designs, images and photographs
Your skills and experience will include
- Experience of being part of an agile development team
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
- Knowledge of source control including Git
- Familiarity with tools such as AdobeXD, Photoshop, Illustrator and others
- Strong sense of web design and an understanding of the UX best Practices, cross-platform compatibility, responsive design principles
Not only can you expect a full and generous benefits package, but our client also has a working and business culture that can’t be matched. On offer is a fun, flexible, and friendly environment – a recipe for a happy crew motivated to make the business a success. Colleagues are inquisitive and innovative thinkers who are tech and process-driven. Tech is at the core of the company; tech is loved, built, and used.
- Flexible working hours and home working options (the role can based fully remotely anywhere in UK but you will need to be prepared to spend the odd day in the Bristol office for company events)
- 24 Days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays)
- On-going training where required
- Perks: access to Perkbox
- Competitive salary
- Modern up to date tech (phones, laptop etc)
One last thing….please note!
Due to the nature of the products you will be working with, all applicants must be entitled to work in the UK and have been a resident in the UK for 5 years or longer. You must be willing to undergo security vetting.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.