Produce code to ensure the design, implementation, and deployment of web software products is efficient!
An experienced Senior Front End Developer is required by a leading and well-respected international price comparison website.
As a Senior Front End Developer, you will write clean, effective code, updating and enhancing features throughout the product range.
The Senior Front End Developer will also be responsible for leading a small team of developers, developing their existing skillset, and ensuring collaborating across projects.
Your day-to-day responsibilities as a Senior Front End Developer will include:
- Lead the frontend team.
- Design, implement and deploy software products.
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications.
- Integrate software services and third-party services.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software.
- Work as part of a team with other engineers to build and deliver features.
- Participate in code reviews, identify and apply best practices for software development.
- Create technical documentation for reference.
- Prepare accurate implementation task lists/time estimates and deliver assignments based on requirements.
- Mentor other junior engineers.
- Recommend and implement new technologies, processes, and systems to increase productivity.
- Contribute to recruitment activities.
As a Senior Front End Developer, you should get excited about the prospect of writing effective code, while also relishing the opportunity to lead others.
You should match some of the following criteria in order to be successful:
- Very good knowledge and experience with React and Redux
- Knowledge about modern Frontend bundlers.
- Experience doing Pull Requests, continuous deployment, and integration.
- Mentoring skills and willingness to teach and share knowledge with other developers.
- Experience in writing readable and maintainable code.
- Ability to build and maintain your own tools and libraries.
- CSS good practices and modern tooling.
- Being able to work as a part of a tight team in constant collaboration with other teams, with colleagues both in-site and remote.
- Engineering mindset: a holistic vision of a system, adaptation under constraints, critical mind to understand trade-offs.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
Our client offers a generous benefits package, including:
- Company-paid pension plan.
- 25 days of vacation per year plus bank holidays.
- Fully flexible working hours and remote working options
- Start-up mindset where everyone has opinion and responsibility to build outstanding solutions.
This role is a UK-based 100% remote opportunity.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.