Help create a create a world where everybody can access the financial markets!
Our client is breathing new life into financial services. We are looking for a senior DevOps Engineer to join their growing team.
As a senior DevOps engineer, you will have the enthusiasm to match your experience. We are looking for someone who has solid experience in automation, continuous integration, and continuous deployment (CI/CD), as well as monitoring complex distributed software systems in the cloud.
This is an exciting role, and offers you the opportunity to make a difference using a wide variety of modern tools, languages, and platforms.
Our client uses Node.js with Typescript deployed on AWS Lambda.
They use Mongo Atlas, and React on the front end. While the infrastructure and deployments are managed with a Terraform, Python, and Serverless framework. Finally, its pipelines run from GitHub Actions and Jenkins.
Day to day, you’ll be
- Evolving the CI/CD tooling and pipelines with a focus on maximising early feedback and end-to-end responsibility
- Mentoring junior engineers
- Implementing a full observability solution to ensure we have data on all our systems with actionable alerts when something isn’t quite right
- Building upon the DevOps culture across the product and engineering teams, sharing modern practices, and always challenging the status quo
- Providing support and guidance to the development team in areas such as onboarding, CI/CD, investigating platform issues etc.
- Taking ownership of the AWS estate, helping to automate with Terraform, and ensuring we can quickly and reliably deliver environments for our engineers to innovate
- Helping to turn start-up/scale-up infrastructure into a mature and resilient system built to scale
- Constantly looking at improving our security posture
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer with expertise in AWS. You’ll have a deep understanding of its core services and best practices and be able to communicate with the wider engineering teams on how to maximise the offerings available.
You’ll have proven experience in monitoring, alerting, and proactive issue mitigation, and will have led the implementation of CI/CD pipelines; comfortably able to lead a discussion around best practices.
You’ll need demonstrable experience in at least one programming language, with bonus points for experience in writing tests.
Your seniority will mean you are comfortable in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, and have confidence in your opinions. Your experience will bring with it an unrivalled enthusiasm always bringing fresh ideas to the table and challenging the norm!
You’ll be a fantastic communicator and be passionate about describing technical details to technical and non-technical colleagues alike. You’ll be committed to embracing a culture of psychological safety and always be looking to support and develop more junior colleagues and team members with varying degrees of commercial experience.
Your eye will be firmly tuned on quality, and this will underpin all you do.
This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing fintech that will throw you in at the deep end. Expect a steep and rewarding learning curve while rocking the world of investments and advice
Our client offers a culture first, human environment. They have a genuine desire to look after their people and nurture what matters to them most. They are proud to have cultivated a transparent and inclusive environment that encourages diversity of thought, challenge, and experimentation.
On top of this, they offer a mix of benefits that include
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + day off on your birthday
- 6% employer pension contribution, private health cover, GP online, and life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave and flexibility to integrate your home and work life in a trusted environment
- Health and wellbeing initiatives including free therapy, mental health support
- A strong financial well-being focus, including access to a money coach and investment plan and a platform that helps you to manage your own investments.
- A range of discounts and perks including free weekly coffee, gym, and retail discounts
- An ongoing commitment to learning with free access to over 10,000 on-line training courses.
This is a hybrid opportunity that focuses on flexible working. Even before the pandemic, our client valued delivery and impact, rather than hours worked.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status, or family circumstances.