Work and grow within a world class engineering team!
We are looking for a creative and talented Senior DevOps Engineer who is passionate about applying technology to create first rate digital solutions and services.
The role of Senior DevOps Engineer will see you being a key member of a world class engineering team. You will work with all the latest tech within an environment which fosters positive and open working practices.
Our client prizes flexible working and focusses on delivery over and above hours worked and the routine 9-5.
Day to day, you will work with all aspects of IT and Cloud infrastructure in the company. You will support the software developers to ensure they have the tools they need to do their job and liaise with the software test team to implement Continuous Integration and Delivery tools. You will also constantly be on the look out for opportunities to improve performance, scalability, resilience and security.
You will be responsible for
- Designing, implementing and supporting the software development tool stack from top to bottom in consultation with the development and testing teams
- Automating the build, test, packaging and deploy pipeline using existing tools or writing your own
- Deploying software to dev, staging and production clouds
- Designing, implementing and supporting internal software stacks such as monitoring and logging software
- Infrastructure and system administration tasks on dedicated and cloud including deployment, configuration management, patching and maintenance
Skills and experience required
Ideally, you will be educated to Degree level or with demonstrable commercial experience in an IT or software development environment. You will have some skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Strong fundamental computing skills, including familiarity with Linux operating systems and scripting languages (bash, python, groovy, kotlin)
- Modern distributed architectures and Cloud technologies – AWS, Lambda, S3, serverless environments
- Network and web application security.
- Distributed Version Control in a commercial environment (Git / Mercurial).
- Agile software development processes.
Familiarity with some of the following skills will be beneficial, although training and mentoring will be provided
- Virtualised cloud hosting (VMWare vSphere, OpenStack)
- Configuration management tools (Ansible)
- Containerisation (Docker)
- Orchestration (Rancher, Kubernetes)
- Infrastructure As Code (IaC) – terraform
- Build and Test Automation tools (Jenkins)
Alongside a competitive salary, our client also offers a host of added benefits as part of this package.
- Flexible working arrangements (home working and flexible hours)
- Exposure to the latest technology and an opportunity to help shape the future direction of the organisation
- 25 days’ holiday and a day off for your birthday
- Pension & Life Assurance
Please note all interviews and onboarding will be conducted remotely and ongoing longer term flexibility around home working and hours will also be provided although longer term there may be a requirement to work 1-2 days in the office every couple of weeks when it is safe to do so.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.