Are you looking for a new role where you can work on new tech whilst working and growing in a world class engineering team?
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer / Site reliability Engineer who is looking to develop their career amid a team of ambitious, talented, and creative people passionate about applying technology to create great digital solutions and services.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference and work in a positive, open environment that strongly encourages fresh ideas, challenge, experimentation, and learning.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to lead and drive forward a growing DevOps function. You will have experience in automation, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) and in monitoring complex distributed software systems. You will be using a wide variety of modern tools, languages and platforms such as Node.js, AWS Lambda, Terraform, Serverless framework, shell scripts and docker.
You will be responsible for:
- Evolving all CI/CD tooling and pipelines for continuous development which have recently been moved to GitHub actions
- Mentoring junior engineers
- Developing alerting, monitoring and incident management practices, and the tools that support them, using modern SRE principles
- Building a DevOps culture across Product and Engineering teams, by sharing modern practices and always challenging the status quo
- Providing support and guidance to the development team in areas such as onboarding, CI/CD, investigating platform issues, etc..
- Helping to automate the cloud infrastructure in AWS using modern Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as Deploying software to dev, staging and production clouds
Skills and experience required.
You should have;
- Strong commercial experience in DevOps or Developer based roles
- Experience in a major CI tool such as Jenkins, CircleCI, GitLab, TeamCity etc…
- Strong experience in DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering principles – CI/CD pipelines, monitoring and alerting, containers, automation, etc…
- Is collaborative and can see the bigger picture at a systems level, as well as the detail
- Is comfortable in a fast-paced, ever changing and improving development environment
- Any AWS or other cloud experience (GCP, Azure) a plus but full training will be provided
- Competitive salary
- Exposure to the latest technology and an opportunity to help shape the future direction
- 25 days’ holiday and a day off for your birthday
- Pension & Life Assurance
Our client also provide flexible working that focuses on delivery rather than just focusing on hours worked.
Please note all interviews and onboarding will be conducted remotely and ongoing longer term flexibility around home working and hours will also be provided although longer term and only when safe to do so ideally you will be able to work 1-2 days per month or more if you prefer in the office.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.