An innovative and high growth tech startup is hiring.
We are looking for experienced Python Developer who will be an integral part of a high-performance agile engineering team.
An innovative and high growth tech startup using cutting edge technology that provide an online marketplace that have just raised £200m of funding for global expansion are looking for talented Software Engineers to join their rapidly growing Engineering and Product Teams. This is an exciting opportunity with an early stage startup with a highly successful and well-backed management team behind them.
About the Role
We are looking for experienced Python Developer who will be an integral part of a high-performance agile engineering team. You’ll take ownership of various backend processes utilising machine learning, AI, natural language processing and other techniques you’ll create, maintain and improve our processes which play a key part in finding and onboarding new users onto their platform.
You’ll need to enjoy taking full ownership and demonstrate a high degree of responsibility.
- Design, develop and maintain various processes that involve sourcing potential customers from across the web and other sources
- Design and develop various other key operational processes that power the business, such as emailers, data analysers, monitoring engines and more
- Contribute to the monitoring and running of our service as well as analytics and insights
- Providing input into architectural decisions and be confident in communicating complex ideas and outcomes to peers and managers
- Work effectively in a true agile startup environment
Required skills and experience
- Proven experience developing complex Python applications
- Experience of scraping from the web
- Experience with machine learning, AI and analysing big data
- Excellent knowledge of MYSQL
- Experience in hosting (ideally AWS), operations and deployment
Desirable skills and experience
The tech stack and challenges are varied, and they use the best tools for the job at hand:
- AWS (EC2, RDS, Route53, SQS, CloudWatch, Lamda etc)
- Linux (Ubuntu and Centos)
- MySQL, Aurora RDS and Redis (Elasticache)
- PHP (NO FRAMEWORK)
- JS and Sockets