Be a pioneer of technology!
Are you looking for a new role where you can work on new tech whilst working and growing in a world-class engineering team?
You will be joining a fantastic team that is full of ambitious, talented, and creative people who are passionate about applying technology to create great digital solutions and services. We are looking for people who want to make a difference and work in a positive, open environment that strongly encourages fresh ideas, challenge, experimentation, and learning. Our client also provides flexible working that focusses on delivery rather than just focusing on hours worked.
We are now seeking talented and experienced QA Engineer to play a pivotal role within a new QA team. This will be a hands-on role in the early days as you help shape new test processes and implement test frameworks and tools. You will work closely with Software Engineers, DevOps, and Product Managers within existing Sprint teams. Reporting to the Director of Engineering to complete testing activities.
- Provide end to end software testing
- Gather and understand software testing requirements
- Reviewing unit tests, integration tests, ensuring best practice.
- Developing a suite of Contract tests for dependencies between microservices
- Developing a suite of API based End to End tests for business critical system interactions
- Developing a suite of UI based End to End tests for highest value user journeys
- Reporting, tracking and alerting of test metrics
- Handover maintenance and responsibility for ongoing changes to the sprint teams
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Strong manual software testing experience
- Automation testing experience or a strong desire to develop these skills is required
- General development experience including bash scripting
- REST APIs with JSON
- Postman, Newman
- Team city or Jenkins
- Version control with Git
- Experience with testing frameworks (Puppeteer, Selenium, Browserstack)
- Good understanding of testing in microservice environments
- Full SDLC experience, and working with agile sprint teams
Key Rewards Include:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements (hours and remote / homeworking options)
- Exposure to the latest technology and an opportunity to help shape the future direction
- Pension & Life Assurance
If you would like more information about our QA Engineer / Test Engineer / Software Tester role then please get in contact.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.