A fresh role with a leading SaaS provider!
A talented Test Analyst is required to join a growing software engineering team of an exciting new tech startup that provides a SaaS Digital Services platform.
A talented Test Analyst is required to join a growing software engineering team of an exciting new tech startup that provides a SaaS Digital Services platform which allows them to provide innovative data systems, analytics and insight services.
A fundamental belief in doing the right thing by the individual with data privacy and consent at the heart of the platform sets them apart from competitors and has helped organisations, including nationals, not-for-profit and professional sports teams, improve their performance. Company culture is focused on around empowering the individual and this permeates throughout the organisation, resulting in a relaxed, super-friendly workplace. Decidedly non-hierarchical, the CEO and company directors sit alongside their staff in big, bright open-plan offices.
Participating in Engineering Sprint Teams, providing excellence in all QA related activities. Sprint Participation requires
- Actively contribute to backlog refinement by ensuring that stories and tasks are well defined, and story point estimates are accurate and consistent.
- Completion of QA and other allocated tasks to meet the acceptance criteria of the story, and the appropriate quality standards, including security requirements. Completion includes appropriate testing and documentation.
- Thorough review of pull requests of team members work against acceptance criteria and appropriate quality standards.
- Reporting progress in daily scrum meetings, and escalating issues that prevent progress in a timely manner.
- Accurate reporting of actual time spent on sprint tasks.
- Participation in Sprint Demos to staff.
- Open and honest retrospective assessment of activities in the sprint. Suggest process changes for continuous improvement of sprint efficiency, and quality and security of sprint deliverables.
- Analyse requirements for the system under test in order to establish and prioritise test conditions, select suitable test cases and test techniques.
- Identify test objectives, plan and document test strategies and identify resources required for testing
- To identify, communicate and respond to product and test activity risks
- To design, build and execute manual and automated test scripts that can verify the software satisfies both functional and non-functional requirement.
- To design, build and execute load test scripts that ensure the software responds within agreed parameters
- To design and manage tests that confirm compliance with industry and proprietary protocols for connecting Identity providers and service providers
- To verify web interfaces comply with required standards in interoperability, usability and accessibility
- To report test results and conduct defect trend analysis
- To verify and deliver software solutions that are of appropriate quality and are capable of meeting all contractual obligations
- To assist Business Development colleagues with proposals and estimates for solutions to meet client requirements
Skills & Experience Required:
You will offer previous experience in a QA or testing role with a large-scale web application and the following experience:
- Experience of testing in an agile software development environment (Scrum / XP)
- Evidence of influencing testers, managers and software engineers to drive improvements in quality
- ISEB/ISTQB Testing Foundation certificate or similar qualification
- Automated testing via tools such as Selenium, postman and API testing tools
- Experience of working with and contributing to continuous build environments and unit testing tools
- Test Automation frameworks
- Cross Browser testing
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Cross Browser testing
- Using Restful Web Services and JSON
- Designing, building and maintaining test frameworks
- Understanding of the different testing methodologies, types of testing, test phases and the objectives of each.
- Developing QA strategy and its associated elements
- Agile principles
- Internet technologies
- Experience of testing mobile applications (iOS/Android)
- Experience in a Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment environment
- Knowledge of a Micro services architecture (Containerisation (Docker)
This is a great opportunity to join a high growth tech company that are making a positive impact on people’s lives that offer a comprehensive benefits and bonus package including share options, private medical and pension combined with a very flexible working environment which includes flexible hours and home working 2 days per week in a brand new state of the office. The role is based in Bath within an easy commute of Bristol, Chippenham, Swindon, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire.