Progress as part of a world class engineering team!
As part of this second-to-none engineering team, as QA Engineer you will work on new tech within a positive, inclusive and open environment.
Our client is looking for a talented and passionate QA Engineer to work on a range of exciting and inventive products.
This role will require you to perform testing manually and to automate where possible. You will be encouraged to bring new ideas to the team and contribute to the QA framework.
You will be working with and challenging product owners, testing across web applications and APIs. You will always be striving to improve test coverage and to discover untested scenarios.
Our client requires that you should have a solid understanding of the software development cycle, including automation. You will also be passionate about the quality of your output, and be open to the help and critique of your colleagues, facilitating consistently high standards throughout the team.
The skills & experience required.
As a QA Engineer, you should be someone who;
- Enjoys testing all the products throughout the development process and working closely with the engineering and product teams
- Who has ability to work across multiple projects and is adaptable to a fast paced, high growth environment
- Strives to achieve high test coverage across our product and development lifecycle
- Can discover untested scenarios and work closely with product teams to ensure robust acceptance criteria
- Will make sure that manual tests are organised and performed where automation isn’t possible
- Has good knowledge of test automation frameworks for both front-end and back-end testing
- Works autonomously, taking ownership for personal and team delivery and outcomes
- Who has experience of moving from simple user stories to TDD/BDD stories that use Gherkin
- Is ISTQB qualified, or similar qualification (desirable)
- Has some knowledge and experience using modern testing tools e.g. Postman, Cypress, Jest, SuperTest, Selenium, etc..
Alongside a competitive salary, this role offers
- Flexible working arrangements (hours and remote / homeworking options)
- Exposure to the latest technology and an opportunity to help shape the future direction of the organisation
- Pension & Life Assurance
- Private Medical
Please note all interviews and onboarding will be conducted remotely and ongoing longer term flexibility around home working and hours will also be provided although longer term there may be a requirement to work up to 2 days per week in the office.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.