Are you a Python Developer experienced in developing backend applications?
This job is a brilliant opportunity for a Python Developer interested in developing reliable, efficient, and scalable systems for a market leading and high growth retailer.
As a Backend Developer, you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the server-side of web applications, serverless micro functions, nightly ETL jobs, and various other backend systems.
You will work closely with the front-end developers to ensure that the application functions seamlessly from end to end.
Your responsibilities will include to
- Design, build, and maintain the server-side of web applications, serverless micro functions, nightly ETL jobs, and various other backend systems.
- Develop and implement server-side logic, manage databases, and integrate with external APIs.
- Ensure the performance, scalability, and security of the application.
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code, design and implement data storage solutions, and integrate with third-party services.
- Optimize the application’s performance and scalability, and ensure its security and reliability.
- Collaborate with other developers in a team environment and possess strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Utilize best practices such as version control, testing, and code reviews in a serverless environment.
- Maintain GIT repository of production code and additional backup.
- Act as a super user/admin for related 3rd party cloud applications, configure and support 3rd party applications as required.
- Actively engage in personal growth and stay up-to-date with technological trends.
You’d excel in this Python developer / Backend developer job if you were able to demonstrate these skills and experiences.
- Strong commercial experience working as a backend developer.
- Experience with Python programming language, SQL databases, and RESTful APIs.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Experience with AWS cloud services such as Lambda, API Gateway, Cognito, SQS, SNS, etc.
- Comfortable with using tools such as JIRA, Confluence, and Git.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Strong technical skills, collaborative mindset, and a passion for solving complex problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This is a remote working role and can be worked anywhere in the UK. You will be required to attend just 1-2 meetings per year in our client’s London office.
Our client also offers flexible working hours alongside training and company benefits that include employee reward schemes, employee assistance programmes, pension & staff discounts.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status, or family circumstances.