Join a challenger organisation making waves within the UK Life Insurance sector.
We’re looking for a project manager able to deliver a range of projects that will contribute to our client's product road map and improve their own internal systems and processes.
As Project Manager, you will work alongside colleagues within IT and with other stakeholders across the organisation to ensure the delivery of each project to the defined metrics and business outcomes.
Your key responsibilities will be to
- Manage key business and IT projects ranging from new product development and launches, to technical IT changes and enhancements.
- Manage each project from inception through to delivery and benefit realisation.
- Own the delivery and reporting for each project across all business areas and teams
- Stakeholder and communication management, including working closely with the IT Team, Product Owners and Executive Sponsors to deliver these key business and IT projects.
- Manage the project plan, dependencies, risks, issues and go live plans
- Management of multiple external parties and vendors where required
- Managing the budget of each project
- Working with the Change Director and IT architects to ensure project alignment to the Portfolio plans and technical roadmaps, including feeding into quarterly planning process
- Work alongside the delivery team to support delivery best practice
- Support vendor selection process (tendering, agreeing SLAs, warranty periods,
- outsourcing) where required
- Manage a team of business stakeholders, project team members, internal IT staff and contractors to support the delivery of each project.
We are looking for a Project Manager who can demonstrate substantial experience in delivering critical projects in digital organisations. You will have experience working in Life and Pensions, with an understanding of the long-term insurance market.
On top of this, you will need
- Proven experience of delivering with Product and Engineering led teams
- Proven experience using a range of waterfall/lean/agile project/programme management methods, Including leading multi-organisation scrum teams.
- Proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with uncertainty
- Experience in managing teams of people responsible for delivery in complex organisations
- Experience in managing external parties that are critical to delivery success
- Proven experience in stakeholder engagement and stakeholder management at all levels of an organisation
- Sufficient understanding of technical architectures to foresee the impact on dependencies, delivery timelines and implementation plans, and converse with Solution Architects
- Experience in delivering Salesforce projects an advantage
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Highly organised, structured, and able to work with Stakeholders in a virtual environment
- Results and value-oriented
- Self-aware, open-minded with a high degree of personal and professional integrity
- Able to understand the wider business context (operating models, technology route map, corporate objectives) and relevance to each project
- Able to develop sound professional working relationships with the business, IT colleagues, and partners, obtaining their confidence and developing approaches for how to work best with them.
To have the following would be an advantage.
- Understanding of the IFA market
- Experience with JIRA would be helpful
- Knowledge of devops processes and principles an advantage.
- Professional Project Management qualifications and accreditations.
Our client offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package. You can expect
- Generous pension contributions and life assurance
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Lifestyle and wellbeing package including private medical insurance, cycle-to-work scheme and Employee Assistance Programme
- Talent and development support including study support and professional subscriptions
- The ability to purchase additional holiday if required.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status, or family circumstances.