Are you eager to manage high-profile software development projects within the Finance Sector?
We are looking for a dynamic and well-rounded Project Manager to successfully plan and deliver change projects in a dynamic and innovative Financial Services environment.
As an experienced project manager, you will have experience and skill in equal measure.
You will be able to evidence successful software development and delivery as well as a thorough grounding in Project Management techniques from idea inception, planning, and managing risk through to product launch.
As the Project Manager, you can expect to
- Define, agree and manage scope, costs, and timescales for project delivery with key CMSS stakeholders
- Strong governance of the project, with supporting documentation and effectively contributing to steering boards and project meetings at a senior level both internally and externally
- Contribution to contractual conversations and activity where necessary
- Planning and control of the project, using the appropriate planning tools and templates to show activities, phases, milestones, dependencies etc.
- Resource Planning – ensuring that all known work is forecasted, and anticipated work is estimated appropriately, and accurately.
- Ensuring the day-to-day delivery from the offshore development team is on target.
- Budgetary management and reporting
- Proper project closure to ensure effective BAU operation of the change, audit evidence and PIR improvements are implemented.
- Contribution to CMSS-wide resource planning and supplier management
- Strong communication with the project team and across projects within the organisation to ensure interdependencies are identified and managed, to ensure each team has completed their assigned tasks required for successful project delivery and that the team are motivated and achieve their objectives
- Work closely with the Customer Relationship Manager to ensure a coordinated delivery approach for Tier 1 client(s).
- The key point of customer contact, making sure our client’s customers are kept sufficiently updated on project progress and that they provide the required inputs in the required timelines.
- Operating effectively in a matrix management environment
- Effective engagement with internal and/or external Exec/Senior level stakeholders
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of project management policies and procedures
- Adherence to regulatory and data protection requirements, including full consideration of TCF and regulatory requirements and implications throughout delivery.
As a key contact and source of knowledge, as Project Manager, you will need to be a people person, with first class written and verbal communication skills.
As you will be delivering updates to the SMT, it’s essential that you will be comfortable and fluent in delivering presentations and project reporting.
- Excellent negotiating/networking and influencing skills.
- Comfortable working in a software environment. Competent user of Microsoft Office products as well as the ability to understand our own product offerings.
- Results driven but flexible and pragmatic, ability to manage competing priorities and customer requests in a dynamic environment.
- Quickly able to build relationships with customers and internal stakeholders. A team player.
- PRINCE2 qualified as well as comfortable operating in agile and more formal environments dependent on the project need.
- At least 3 years’ experience of successful software project delivery (ideally in a software house/consultancy/systems integration environment). Comfortable working in the detail and challenging both technical and business stakeholders.
On top of this, it would be great if you have
- Previous knowledge of the financial services industry, ideally in the wealth management, life insurance, or financial advice sector
- Experience in complex software systems integration
- Preferably Scrum certified or have a working knowledge of Agile methodology.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status, or family circumstances.