Join an ambitious and scaling MSP!
Are you a customer-centric Project Manager working in the Cloud Consulting or MSP sector? Would you like to influence, deliver and get wide exposure across infrastructure / cloud based solutioning?
As a Project Manager you will be accountable for the day-to-day management and delivery of projects . Your prime responsibility will be to ensure all assigned projects deliver the required products and/or services, to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time. You will also use best Project Management controls and governance to ensure that costs are managed and budgets adhered to.
You will have customer satisfaction at the heart of what you do and will play an active role within the PMO team and Services Division.
Day to day you will;
- Manage high project complexity and/or critical business risk involving numerous internal business function stakeholders or numerous/critical external third parties.
- Manage the full project lifecycle with the requisite control and assurance from Initiation to Transition into Operational Service.
- Deliver multiple projects of equal importance in parallel to their respective plans, in a fast paced and dynamic environment whilst remaining in control.
- Demonstrate an ability to work effectively and influence all levels internally and externally, from other IT Professionals to Senior Leaders and Directors.
As a Project Manager, your main responsibilities will include;
- Ensure effective initiation of projects – collating/validating requirements and building the delivery plan. Producing a Project Initiation Document (PID).
- Secure and schedule appropriate resources for the client/project delivery
- Manage the production of the required deliverables to time, quality and cost within the tolerances set for the project.
- Plan, manage and control the project, in line with the contractual obligation and PMO governance criteria. Ensuring the delivery meets the technical quality and business assurance criteria set.
- Change Management – Understand, facilitate and manage the technical, physical, environmental and cultural change management needs of the project in conjunction with the wider technology and operational processes.
- Manage business and project risks, including the development of mitigation and contingency plans, maintenance of risk and issue logs with appropriate levels of meeting and escalation.
- Report RAG status and manage internal or external reviews/project boards as appropriate.
- Accountable for project financial control – monitor and manage project finance and processes.
Skills and experience required.
As Project manager, you should be able to demonstrate;
- Professional qualification (degree, equivalent or significant industry experience).
- Proven project management experience.
- Has successfully managed projects with all of the dimensions outlined above.
- Project Management certification – PRINCE2, Agile PM and MSP or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of ITIL.
- Excellent inter-personal and communications skills.
- Good working knowledge of a range of infrastructure and software services and products, particularly related to Public/Private Cloud and IBM.
- Experience of delivering projects to end clients for a managed services or cloud services company.
- Good facilitation skills – able to run workshops and external project meetings.
- The ability to manage conflict and manage customer expectation.
- Ability to quickly assimilate knowledge from outside own area of expertise.
- Understands and contributes to the current position and future strategies for project management, methodology and approach.
All interviews and candidate onboarding will be done virtually and the role can be based from either the London or Midlands area with occasional flexibility to travel to the office or client site when required after covid and when safe to do so.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.