Work at the forefront of technology!
An expanding and progressive Managed Services organisation is seeking to recruit an Operations Analyst to join an established team providing exceptional service supporting multiple clients within a 24x7 operations environment monitoring and supporting iSeries and Wintel systems.
Ideally you will have some experience within a 24×7 IT operation, across at least one of the following technologies – Service Desk, Wintel, iSeries, Unix and/or Networking but equally as important is the ability to build working relationships with both colleagues and customers, in turn supporting the company’s commitment to achieving high standards of client satisfaction and service quality.
The role requires a highly motivated and enthusiastic self-starter, who enjoys constant learning, challenges and problem solving – a real team player looking to be part of a fantastic company.
The role & Responsibilities:
- 24 x 7 monitoring of internal and client network and server infrastructure and systems using a variety of monitoring tools (i.e. SolarWinds / Halcyon dependent on technology)
- Respond to alerts and messages
- Following a check list process according to documented standards and in a timely fashion
- Investigate and resolve failures of scheduled backup or restores
- Log incidents with third party providers and manage incident to resolution
- Log, Allocate and Escalate to support groups as needed
- Produce and distribute daily client handovers
- Incident management
- Escalation management
- Media Handling
- First level support: specific Application/system Software
- Customer focus with good communication skills
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Are client and solution focused and is prepared to go the extra mile to resolve client issues to their satisfaction
- Flexible to work in a 24×7 support environment on a shift rota pattern
- Service Desk experience
- Strong aptitude and willingness for learning new technologies
Skills & Experience:
- Has good operational understanding some/all of the following technologies IBMi, Unix, Windows, networking, Monitoring tools
- Ideally some experience of Incident, Problem and Change Management from an operational perspective ideally gained through ITIL experience.
- Practical knowledge of operating systems: Windows server family, IP Services
- Basic experience in Systems and Network monitoring
If you would like any more information about our Operations Analyst role then please get in contact.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.