Help rebuild the infrastructure of financial investments and advice!
We are looking for experienced software developers to create software that allows ambitious fintech to get to market quickly with innovative investment and advice products.
You’ll be joining a dynamic and agile team made up of developers, testers, and designers. Along with colleagues from the product, customer, and operations teams, you’ll build and implement a range of developments that will breathe new life into financial services, and improve the lives of millions of people.
As a software developer, you’ll be hands-on across all areas of the SDLC including software development, testing, debugging, deployment and support.
Your attention to detail will help as you develop and promote the best processes and practice across all areas of software specification and documentation.
Slipping right into this fast-paced environment, you’ll be a quick learner who’s excited rather than daunted about being thrown in at the deep end! Ever curious, you’ll thrive on each opportunity to learn and develop your (already impressive) skills.
We are looking for a software developer with
- Experience in Node development in a fast-moving, agile environment
- The ability to understand business requirements and turn this into efficient, scalable solutions, with a desire to learn our business domain
- Experience in writing thorough unit tests with a strong desire to ensure code is robust and reliable. Knowledge of continuous integration is required
- Experience in troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Experience in document-based databases, specifically MongoDB
- Experience in Amazon Web Services, including Lambda, SQS and SNS and knowledge of Serverless environments
Your soft skills are just as important.
Our software developer will need to be
- A strong communicator with the ability to express new ideas and solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Organised and a strong team player
- A quick learner, able to pick up new skills and technologies easily, and enjoys working on complex issues
While experience in wealth management or stockbroking is desirable and beneficial, it’s not essential.
Our client offers a substantial benefits package that includes
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + day off on your birthday
- 6% employer pension contribution, private health cover, GP online, and life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave and flexibility to integrate your home and work life in a trusted environment
- Health and well-being initiatives including free therapy, mental health support, and time off.
- Strong financial well-being focus including access to our client’s share investment plan
- A range of discounts and perks including free weekly coffee, gym, and retail discounts
- Commitment to continuous learning with free access to over 10,000 online training courses.
On top of this, our client has worked hard to cultivate a culture first, human environment where transparency and inclusivity are the priority.
Diversity of thought, challenge and experimentation are not only welcomed but encouraged.
They offer a truly hybrid working model which permits flexibility, allowing their people a structure that suits them best. Even before the pandemic, this client prioritised delivery and impact over hours worked.
Our client has regional offices in London and the South West. They are soon expanding and will be opening an office in the beautiful city of Edinburgh.
If this sounds like something you’d love to be a part of, get in touch today.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.