Further your career in a large, enterprise level environment!
We are looking for an experienced Linux Engnineer/Systems Administrator to work for our industry leading client. You will learn and grow while working with the latest tech and automation tools.
You should have a proven track record as a Linux Engineer and be able to offer first class 3rd line support skills. You will have a broad range of experience permitting you to provide end to end infrastructure solutions, automating wherever possible.
Working with a host of technologies, you will head up projects and progress your career through working on complex systems.
Day to day, you will install, configure and troubleshoot Linux based operating systems and advise on continued usage and deployments.
Skills and experience required.
- Solid commercial experience of working in IT systems admin specifically a Linux/Unix environment
- Essential knowledge of RedHat and ideally certified (RHCSA or RHCE)
- Exposure to Solar winds or other monitoring tools.
- Ability to work independently and with little guidance
- A customer-orientated approach with excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Focused on delivering agreed objectives and results.
- Strong analytical, creative problem solving and planning skills to achieve results.
- Ability to prioritise, plan and meet deadlines by applying specific project management techniques.
- Ability to handle difficult and demanding customer environments.
- Ability to deal with customers and liaise with other departments in a confident but friendly manner.
- Knowledge of data protection and IBM back up tools is desirable but not essential
- Ideally you will also be skilled or have a strong interest in automation and bonus points for any coding skills
- Any knowledge of containerisation (Openshift, docker, Kubernetes) would also be a bonus but is not essential
- You will have a flexible attitude and there will be a requirement to be part of an on call rota (1 week in 5) which comes with a £300 weekly on call allowance.
All interviews and on boarding with be conducted virtually and the role will be performed remotely although there will be a longer term requirement to work in the office 2-3 days per week when safe to do so.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.