Join a disruptive startup!
Support their technical operations and agile development teams using continuous deployment to create new features of their core product to rethink personal data.
A talented and enthusiastic Linux Engineer or aspiring DevOps Engineer is required to join an exciting new SaaS startup that provides a modern and leading-edge digital services platform.
This is a great opportunity to be a key player from the very beginning, helping build the team and be able to really influence and shape the product architecture and development approach and processes.
Your role will be to support their technical operations and agile development teams using continuous deployment to create new features of their core product to rethink personal data. You will work with a highly experienced and talented Engineering team who will provide extensive knowledge transfer and plenty of training and support.
You will be a talented and passionate Engineer who is a self-starter and quick learner who has a real passion and interest in Cloud technologies and the latest DevOps and Continuous integration and deployment technologies. We are happy to consider both Junior and more experienced candidates who may have previously worked within DevOps, Systems Administration, software development or automation testing environments with some exposure to relevant technologies.
Ideally educated to Degree level or with demonstrable commercial experience in an IT or software development environment you will have some skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Strong fundamental computing skills, including familiarity with Linux operating systems and scripting languages (bash, python, groovy, kotlin)
- Modern distributed architectures and cloud infrastructure.
- Network and web application security.
- Distributed Version Control in a commercial environment (Git / Mercurial).
- Agile software development processes.
Familiarity with some of the following skills will be beneficial, although training and mentoring will be provided
- Virtualised cloud hosting (VMWare vSphere, OpenStack)
- Cloud technologies – AWS, Azure
- configuration management tools (Ansible)
- Containerisation (Docker)
- Orchestration (Rancher, Kubernetes)
- Infrastructure As Code (IaC) – terraform
- Build and Test Automation tools (TeamCity, Jenkins)
This is a great opportunity to get in at the very beginning with an exciting new company and product with comprehensive benefits and bonus package combined with a very flexible working environment in a brand new state of the office. The role is based in Bath within an easy commute of Bristol, Chippenham, Swindon, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire. You are also encouraged to come up with and develop your own ideas and every other Monday is “Innovation Day” where you can work on your own ideas and projects.