Work for a leading global brand!
A leading global brand requires a UX Service Designer to join their Digital Engineering team to work closely with other designers, developers, product owners, and business and tech stakeholders to practice human-centred software design.
As a UX Service Design Lead you will lead the human-centered approach to design and advocate for user needs. You will promote the curiosity and exploration in the product teams to demonstrate a passion for continuous learning and innovation. You will nurture the generation of ideas and prototyping concepts that are anchored in research insights, subject knowledge, technology requirements, and business goals across the agile delivery cycle. As a leader you have an exuberant passion for the power of strategic design and an “anything is possible” mindset. You are able to contribute also as a designer from end-to-end on projects. You will employ design thinking methods to uncover insights that help inform design decisions. You are an excellent communicator and feel comfortable presenting design decisions in front of colleagues and stakeholders.
In this role, you will be working closely with Product, Business and Tech partners to strategize, design, and develop digital products that will integrate across our ecosystem. Your background in human-centered design will make you an advocate for our internal users as you iterate and test your concepts in a highly collaborative team environment.
A typical day in the life of a UX Service Design Lead:
- Collaborate with business analysts, product owner, developers and designers on agile delivery activities, strategy sessions, ideation, design, and testing of new product concepts and prototypes
- Build empathy and be an advocate for our customers through participation in human-centred research and design
- Translate user needs, style guides, and requirements into elegant solutions for complex problems
- Leverage analytics tools to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making
- Utilize Lean and Agile methodologies
- Present research findings and design concepts to designers, product and tech partners
- Be a leader and mentor for the UX/UI team; you’ll challenge, grow and mentor designers and contribute to fostering a collaborative team spirit.
- Experience in UX Service Design leadership and core service design methods and processes
- Ability and desire to work in all phases of the design process (thinking and making)
- Depth in at least one practice area (experience strategy, service design, interaction design, visual design, or design research) that sets you apart from the pack
- A passion for creating new methods and practices
- A collaborative nature with strong communication skills, sincerity, and a sense of humor in the face of ambiguous design challenges
- Confidence and pride in your work, skills, experience, and expertise
- Ideally a Bachelor’s degree in design or human-computer interaction
- Strong experience with user experience design
- Strong experience with service design
- Experience with Sketch
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Master’s degree in design
- Experience designing for omni-channel services
- Experience with prototyping tools such as InVision
- Prototyping experience
- Experience working with Agile and large scale teams
The contract is outside of IR35, initially for 3 months based in Somerset, South West commutable from Bristol, Bath, Taunton, Wincaton, Wells, Weston Super Mare.
If you would like any more information about our Lead UX Designer / Customer Experience Service Design Lead role then please get in contact.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.