Be part of a modern agile team building the latest microservice tech!
A talented and experienced Software Testing Team Lead is required to join a growing and awarding winning fintech who are scaling their engineering team to improve and enhance their services and features of their platform to make it the best value in their sector.
You will work as part of a collaborative agile team comprised of business subject matter experts (SMEs), test analysts and developers that sprints at a two-weekly cadence. In this role the successful candidate will redevelop our customer facing products using the latest technologies and will be part of an agile team building a modern scalable and flexible microservices architecture to support the future vision of our company.
You will be experienced in building scalable distributed applications and be able to contribute to technology choices. The role will involve:
- Providing technical leadership to the IT Development test team and embedding TDD and BDD practices
- and ‘shift Left’ testing philosophy throughout the teams.
- Adopting Software Development in Test (SDIT) as the target way of working.
- Developing and optimising test key performance indicators (KPIs) and dashboards that provide full visibility across all tests.
- Management of tight timescales and alignment of unit, user acceptance testing (UAT) and regression tests Dev Leads on each team so that testing reaches the definition of done within each sprint
- Collaboration with the Product Owner and Scrum Master whilst being a hands-on tester within the team and mentoring and coaching less experienced testers.
- Constantly challenging and evolving, existing practices and processes and sharing with the teams.
Your background will include:
- Strong experience in a Test Lead role gained in an agile development environment with multiple teams. Experienced in working with agile delivery framework (Scrum with 2-week sprints).
- Experience of Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Business-Driven Development (BDD) ideally gained within a components/microservices architecture.
- Knowledge of working in GIT.
- Knowledge of Test Automation using Selenium and C#.
- Outcome focussed and prepared to shape and commit to agreed sprint goals and focus on delivering outcomes.
- Proven track record working with continuous integration builds and automated release pipelines.
- Ability to investigate complex issues and make informed decisions about them when written guidelines are not available.
- Experience using VSTS (Azure DevOps) or Jira and test case management tool.
- Ideally ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Software Testing.
Extensive benefits include:
- Discretionary bonus each year.
- Working from home options available longer term and the role currently will be fully remote
- Flexible working hours available.
- 25 days holiday per calendar year with the holiday option to purchase or sell
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Hack days.
- Attend conferences and meet-up events.
- Regular social events.
- Private Medical scheme.
- Income protection scheme.
- Group contributory pension scheme.
- Various corporate gym membership rates.
All interviews and onboarding will be conducted remotely and swift feedback and decisions can be provided.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.