Join an exciting European leader!
Our client is looking for a lead React developer to take own and grow the front end development team for a mature start-up.
Day to day, you will be required to
- Lead the frontend team.
- Design, implement and deploy software products.
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications.
- Integrate software services and third-party services.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software.
- Work as part of a team with other engineers to build and deliver features.
- Participate in code reviews, identify and apply best practices for software development.
- Create technical documentation for reference.
- Prepare accurate implementation task lists/time estimates and deliver assignments based on requirements.
- Mentor other junior engineers.
- Recommend and implement new technologies, processes, and systems to increase productivity.
- Contribute to recruitment activities.
Skills and experience required
- Excellent knowledge and experience with React and Redux (+3 years).
- Proven experience of leading a front end development team
- Experience doing Pull Requests, continuous deployment, and integration.
- Mentoring skills and willingness to teach and share knowledge with other developers.
- Experience in writing readable and maintainable code.
- Ability to build and maintain your own tools and libraries.
- CSS good practices and modern tooling.
- Able to work as a part of a close team, and be in constant collaboration with other teams and colleagues both on-site and remote.
- Be able to demonstrate an engineering mindset. You should have a holistic vision of a system, adaptation under constraints, critical mind to understand trade-offs.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
Alongside a competitive salary, our client can offer a working environment which prizes company culture and team ethos. As a startup, our client values a growth mindset. This is an organisation which encourages colleagues to voice an opinion and take responsibility to build outstanding solutions.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.