Join a disruptive startup!
This will be a hands-on role in the early days as you help shape and build the team, set the testing strategy including the selection and implementation of automation test tools and processes.
Leading SaaS Provider are now seeking an experienced Lead QA Engineer to lead and build a new software testing team and function. You will work closely with Software Engineers, DevOps, and Product Managers within existing Sprint teams. Reporting to the Director of Engineering to complete testing activities.
- Design and deliver the software testing strategy
- To help build and lead a QA team
- Gather and understand software testing requirements
- Reviewing unit tests, integration tests, ensuring best practice.
- Developing a suite of Contract tests for dependencies between microservices
- Developing a suite of API based End to End tests for business-critical system interactions
- Developing a suite of UI based End to End tests for highest value user journeys
- Reporting, tracking and alerting of test metrics
- Handover maintenance and responsibility for ongoing changes to the sprint teams
We are seeking an experienced Lead or aspiring Senior QA Engineer who is looking to make the next step up.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Strong test automation experience
- General development experience including bash scripting
- REST APIs with JSON
- Postman, Newman
- Team city or Jenkins
- Version control with Git
- Experience with testing frameworks (PACT, Puppeteer, Selenium, Browserstack)
- Good understanding of testing in microservice environments
- Full SDLC experience, and working with agile sprint teams
The role is based in Bath within an easy commute of Bristol, Chippenham, Swindon, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire and also offers some flexibility around working hours and ability to work remotely up to 2 days per week. Car parking is also available.
Excellent benefits on offer including company bonus, share options, private medical and much more.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.