Work for a leading UK brand!
As the Lead Java Developer, you will support the development of and provide technical leadership for a team of up to 8 developers.
This role will require you to provide technical SME across several teams and as such you will need to demonstrate a strong understanding of both microservice architecture and serverless cloud technology.
You will be required to:
- Liaise with customers, business analysts and team members to drive the design and development of high-quality technical solutions.
- Deliver functional projects that fully meet requirements within timescale and budget.
- Ensure the delivered solutions meet our clients’ high architectural standards and seek formal exceptions where appropriate.
- Ensure that code is developed in line with agreed coding standards, including making recommendations towards the development of new code or the reuse of existing code as appropriate.
- Be a technical leader; modelling standards of best practice and be the go-to role model for junior members of your team.
- Be responsible for conducting code reviews of work delivered by more junior members of the development team, including identifying repeating issues and developing mitigation strategies.
- Create technical documentation written in line with agreed SDLC and documentation standards.
You will need to have:
- Experience in leading development teams across multiple work streams on best design and practice
- An in-depth understanding of both Agile and Waterfall Software Delivery Lifecycle models.
- Experience of developing and deploying IT solutions in complex environments.
- Demonstrable experience in the timely delivery of medium-large scale development programmes/projects.
- Experience of development challenges when dealing with multiple browser technologies
- Demonstrable experience in developing and maintain coding standards across front end development.
You will require:
- HTTP / REST
- Spring Boot
- Netflix OSS
- AWS (SQS, SNS, RDS, Dynamo)
- Atlassian toolset (Git, Bitbucket, etc.)
If you would like more information about our LEad Java Developer role then please get in contact.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.