An experienced Lead DevOps Engineer is required for a greenfield DevOps opportunity to build and lead a new DevOps function and to be responsible for providing highly available highly scalable automated deployments of applications to Azure Cloud.
An experienced Lead DevOps Engineer is required for a greenfield DevOps opportunity to build and lead a new DevOps function and to be responsible for providing highly available highly scalable automated deployments of applications to Azure Cloud. You will be responsible for managing the migration from on-premise to Cloud and also of implementing DevOps tools and processes and creating a dynamic environment including the right mindsets to adopt fully agile CI/CD delivery.
- Work closely with the developers to drive the design and development of high-quality technical solution deployments (incl. production, test and dev environments .).
- Drive consistent & repeatable DevOps processed & tooling across our application estate.
- Provide quantified delivery estimates for assigned changes & projects. This will include challenging estimates provided by external development partners. Manages demand as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Manage all assigned DevOps projects or continuous improvement activities within change initiatives, projects or programme to fully meet the defined functional and non-functional requirements within budget and timescale.
- Interview and selects onshore and offshore DevOps consultants and engineers.
- Model best practice, acting as a role model for more junior members of the DevOps team.
- Responsibilities may include participation in component or architectural or solution design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and recommendations.
- “Hands on” development and peer reviews as required, exercising troubleshooting and methodical diagnostic skills to resolve issues. On occasion, you may be expected to provide an ‘out of hours’ service for business critical issues.
- Reviews requirements, functional specifications, architectural designs and testing strategies. Recommends alternative technical solutions to meet DevOps requirements more efficiently, ensuring greater standardisation and reusability. Recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
- Representation as required on project management teams and occasional steering groups.
- Collaborates with architecture, infrastructure, security and external partners to ensure alignment on design is achieved.
- Applies significant knowledge of industry trends, standards and developments to improve technical deliveries and service.
Skills & Experience required:
- A demonstrable understanding of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle
- Has demonstrable experience delivering high availability autoscaling containerised deployments in Azure
- Has experience working closely with IT Operations, IT Development and IT Service teams to promote DevOps culture.
- In depth understanding of continuous integration, continuous delivery, software configuration management, version control and release management.
- Cloud Computing services, specifically Microsoft Azure SaaS, PaaS and IaaS
- Azure ARM resource management scripting experience
- Version control solutions, specifically Git, GitHub, and SVN
- DevOps methods (integration & automation)
- Continuous integration, continuous delivery/deployment tooling, specification Jenkins, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy
- Configuration management tooling, such as Ansible and Puppet
- Automated tested tools, such as Selenium
- Collaboration tooling, such as Gerrit
- Containerisation orchestration, such as, Kubernetes, Marathon, ECS, ACS or similar
- .Net or Java software development experience
- Good knowledge and hands on experience of Database technologies SQL and NoSQL
- Working within Scrum, Kanban or Lean methodologies
- Experience of ITIL and IT Management systems, such as ServiceNow, Jira, and Confluence
- Automated testing tools
- Good knowledge and hands on experience of Windows and Linux based operating systems
On offer is a great salary and package the includes £5k car allowance, 20% bonus, medical and pension.