Help establish and lead a new & growing DevOps function!
We are looking for an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer to assist with building and deploying microservices for a leading SaaS platform on a 6 month contract working outside IR35.
In the role of Lead DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for;
- Evolving all CI/CD tooling and pipelines for continuous development
- Developing alerting, monitoring and incident management practices, and the tools that support them, using modern SRE principles
- Constantly challenge existing practices and processes and suggest improvements. Developing, implementing and sharing best practice.
- Providing support and guidance to the development team in areas such as onboarding, CI/CD, investigating platform issues, etc.
- Helping to automate the cloud infrastructure in AWS using modern Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as Deploying software to dev, staging and production clouds
Skills and experience required.
Ideally, you will have strong experience in many of the following areas:
- Expertise in AWS and its relevant build, deployment, networking and security technologies in cloud and hybrid environments.
- Experience in managing migrations from classic data centres to AWS Cloud
- Strong experience in DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering principles – CI/CD pipelines, monitoring and alerting, containers, automation, etc…
- Experience designing and supporting complex multi-tier, services based, production systems at scale.
- Experience in using container and orchestration services such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience of Infrastructure as Code using terraform
- A good understanding of applications and infrastructure monitoring, logging and ability to build auto-scaling infrastructure.
- Additional knowledge of Azure Cloud and Azure DevOps would be beneficial.
All interviews and onboarding will be conducted remotely and swift feedback and decisions can be provided. The role will be based remotely but may require a few days weekly onsite later in the year.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.