Help establish and lead a new and expanding DevOps function for an award winning fintech.
Are you an experienced DevOps Engineer looking to take a step up?
As a Lead DevOps Engineer you will be;
- Establishing a DevOps competency and recruiting/developing a small team of DevOps Engineers.
- Establishing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines in Azure DevOps and the build of client environments in Microsoft Azure, or other public cloud providers.
- Preparing release plans, performing dry run’s and executing releases into Staging/ UAT/ PreProd and Production environments.
- Automating the activities in the CI/CO and deployment pipelines.
- Influencing and building relationships with colleagues and delivery partners.
- Establishing a culture of continuous improvement with the collaboration, mentoring and coaching of less experienced staff.
Skills and experience required.
Ideally, you will have strong experience in many of the following areas;
- Expertise in Microsoft Azure and its relevant build, deployment, networking and security technologies in cloud and hybrid environments.
- Experience of managing migrations from classic data centres to Cloud (Microsoft Azure).
- Experienced in Azure DR/BCP planning.
- Experience designing and supporting complex multi-tier, services based, production systems at scale.
- Experience of using container and orchestration services such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- A good understanding of applications and infrastructure monitoring, logging and ability to build auto- scaling infrastructure.
- The ability to build and maintain CI\CD pipelines and underlying infrastructure for successful operation and utilization.
- A good understanding of source control – Git/Bitbucket.
- Experience of test-driven development and implementing automated test solutions and pipelines.
- Experience of managing and deploying databases, such as MS SQL, MongoDb and Postgres.
- Experience of managing, motivating, coaching and developing a team.
Our client offers extensive benefits. These include;
- Discretionary bonus each year.
- Working from home options available and the role currently will be fully remote
- Flexible working hours available.
- 25 days holiday per calendar year, with the option to purchase or sell up to 5 additional days per year.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Hack days.
- Attend conferences and meet-up events.
- Regular social events.
- Private Medical scheme.
- Income protection scheme.
- Group contributory pension scheme.
- Various corporate gym membership rates.
All interviews and onboarding will be conducted remotely and swift feedback and decisions can be provided.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.