A leading entertainment company is hiring.
Responsible for testing and supporting our client’s critical online, shop, mobile and distribution centre systems, you will be able to manage software releases and oversee the maintenance of test environments.
An experienced Lead Tester is required to work with a leading Global eCommerce company to help build and enhance the existing team. Responsible for testing and supporting our client’s critical online, shop, mobile and distribution centre systems you will be able to manage software releases and oversee the maintenance of test environments. A demonstrated history of being able to look after a strong team and drive for change is imperative within this role whilst ensuring that industry standards and best practices are championed.
- Responsible for the maintenance of automation test tools for development, implementation and maintenance of automation test frameworks
- Develop and maintain the client’s test strategy with the Software Delivery Manager,
- Ability to lead teams using Agile principles (Kanban, Scrum) and take responsibility for co-ordinating the delivery of sprint objectives to time and budget.
- Work alongside manual test resource to regularly assess and identify areas suitable for automation and help cross train the team
- Build on the existing manual Regression pack so that automation provides a key role in the Test lifecycle and Go Live process
- Perform ad-hoc testing and problem-solving support for urgent business critical development fixes
- Strive to share knowledge and experience with other team members, helping with staff development
- Helping to organise and support the training of more junior members of staff
- To provide assistance and/or support to internal and 3rd party developers and testing
- You will help mentor and train other members of the Test team on test automation tools and also play a senior role in helping the team to work towards sprints and delivery deadlines
- Experience leading or mentoring testing teams, with some demonstrable experience in a leadership role.
- Good knowledge of the full testing lifecycle including Back End / API, SIT, E2E testing / UI Testing
- Strong experience with Automation test tools – Selenium, Cypress, SOAP UI Pro or similar
- Knowledge of a continuous integration, DevOps environment
- Excellent understanding and experience of testing complex web based and integrated systems across multiple platforms and infrastructures
- Proven MS-SQL experience.
- Comfortable discussing technical details with TAs, Developers & QAs
- Ability to work to sprints and deadlines
- Excellent API testing techniques with reusability in mind.
- Preferably a university degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Experience with our client’s core technologies, ReadyAPI, SOAP UI Pro, Cypress, BrowserStack, Selenium, C#, SQL
- Good knowledge of Jira & Confluence
- Certified Scrum Master or equivalent experience
Our client offers their team a very attractive package with the normal corporate benefits and lots of great lifestyle and social perks so it all adds up to one amazing, vibrant place to work with one of the most exciting company cultures you’ll ever experience.
This is based within easy commuting distance of North Hampshire a short commute from Berkshire, Surrey, Reading, Newbury, Fleet, Hook, Farnborough, Basingstoke, Salisbury, Guildford, Bracknell, Southampton, Andover and Winchester.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.